[release] Itunes Docklet

Unbeliever

@localhost

CComPtr<IITBrowserWindow> wnd;
app->get_BrowserWindow(&wnd.p);
VARIANT_BOOL bIsMin = VARIANT_FALSE;
if( wnd.p && SUCCEEDED( wnd->get_Minimized(&bIsMin) ) )
{
wnd->put_Minimized( (bIsMin)?VARIANT_FALSE:VARIANT_TRUE );
}

where app is of type CComPtr.

Never thought of doing it this way, thanks.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

hey, herd...you taking feature requests on this? if not, s'okay as this is still the baddest-ass itunes docklet. if so...

i don't even know if it's possible, but i'd love to have the song title (or maybe any line i want) scroll if it's over the set limit (as opposed to wrapping, as it does now). actually as i'm looking at this, i'm unable to click the 'limit each text width' box. if i was able to click this, would the text then scroll? ('show indicator...' and 'smooth the dock...' are also greyed out).

thx again for the amazing work!

edit: holy cow!! what a nice suprise when i just played a podcast on my desktop. the album art is...it's...it's the art from the podcast!! :) :)

hey, herd...you taking feature requests on this? if not, s'okay as this is still the baddest-ass itunes docklet. if so...

i don't even know if it's possible, but i'd love to have the song title (or maybe any line i want) scroll if it's over the set limit (as opposed to wrapping, as it does now). actually as i'm looking at this, i'm unable to click the 'limit each text width' box. if i was able to click this, would the text then scroll? ('show indicator...' and 'smooth the dock...' are also greyed out).

thx again for the amazing work!

edit: holy cow!! what a nice suprise when i just played a podcast on my desktop. the album art is...it's...it's the art from the podcast!! :) :)

hey shmengie,

yes its a feature not yet implemented but coming soon, exactly as you said.

"Show Indicator" is ObjectDock / RKlauncher (beta 4 build 152 and later) specific and

"Smooth Dock" is ObjectDock only.

• 2 weeks later...

hi herd. i have another feature request...:)

is it possible to have a 3rd graphic (besides 'default/blank' and 'radio') that would act as a 'placeholder'? like now, when itunes isn't running, i have this rather obvious hole on my desktop.

or do i just not have the right boxes checked?

thx!

That's a good idea.

I think if I can generalize the problem, I can offer Icons for

- paused

- playing

- muted

- itunes not running

* 2 for radio icons...

In the meantime, why not use it in AveDesk and let it auto-hide when iTunes is not running...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a very new user of objectdock and Itunes50 docklet.

I just want to thank herd for this great docklet !!!

Just a little question : Is it possible to improve the docklet with an option to automaticly search the AlbumArt and udpate it to Itunes ?

Sorry for my bad english (I'm just a poor Frenchy).

I'm a very new user of objectdock and Itunes50 docklet.

I just want to thank herd for this great docklet !!!

Just a little question : Is it possible to improve the docklet with an option to automaticly search the AlbumArt and udpate it to Itunes ?

Sorry for my bad english (I'm just a poor Frenchy).

There are a lot of programs which scan the net and embed the AlbumArt into the mp3 file so that iTunes50 and other gadgetery can display them. Some mentioned in this forum as well. Google for "iTunes Album Art Getter" and you'll have lots of hits.

(Sorry too that my french is so poor I never mastered the art of the "passé composée".)

so, herd, i was wondering if this desklet was still in development. i upgraded my work pc to ad v1.3 and your beautiful, lovely itunes desklet stopped working. so, i'm gonna hold off on upgrading my home pc. this is - hands down - the best itunes desklet/docklet/widget thingy ever!

so, was it a fluke that my widget crapped out or is it really incompatible with v1.3? also, if you are still working on this (or planning to), do you still plan on implementing the scrolling text feature?

anyways, thx again for this desklet. it truly rocks. (in case anyone is wondering...second best itunes widget: bernice).

so, herd, i was wondering if this desklet was still in development. i upgraded my work pc to ad v1.3 and your beautiful, lovely itunes desklet stopped working. so, i'm gonna hold off on upgrading my home pc. this is - hands down - the best itunes desklet/docklet/widget thingy ever!

so, was it a fluke that my widget crapped out or is it really incompatible with v1.3? also, if you are still working on this (or planning to), do you still plan on implementing the scrolling text feature?

anyways, thx again for this desklet. it truly rocks. (in case anyone is wondering...second best itunes widget: bernice).

Thanks a lot Shmengie for your appreciation.

At my home PC it runs within 1.3 at no problems - but I must admit I am not sure if I have 1.3 final or some interim version. Gonna check that. I have an experimental version with scrolling text but it eats far too much CPU, regardless of the features of the AveDesk label background. "Our inquiries continue" ;)

PS: I'd like to see a vuMeter skin from you - maybe a lava lamp that bubbles & bends as the beats come?

okee-dokee, then. i'll do the whole upgrade thing tonight after work. might as well do my itunes 6 upgrade while i'm at it...

as for the vu meter, you must have me mistaken with someone else. my skill be nil. but, i will take this as a personal challenge and see how far i can stumble along. expect plenty of pm's!! :)

• 2 months later...

herd, if I may post a request...

Since iTunes50 displays Artist/Songtitle, is it possible for you to dump this to a file? I'm looking for a way to implement in "What I'm hearing atm" on my homepage, emails and signatures. Event though there is something like that for Winamp I couldn't find anything for iTunes yet. Your docklet looks like it could help there.

oh, it does? Oops :)

Seriously I really didn't know. I just shy away from mplugin since the first time I used it was around the time the switch came from iTunes 4.x to 5.x and I had to "totally" uninstall iTunes back then to get rid of it and be able to install 5.x.

And there was something else that I didn't like, can't remember anymore (but apart from that it had some nice features, just nothing that made me wish I'd installed it again).

If your docklet would do it I'd be happy since that one I have always running in my dock :)

THANKS for considering it!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Great work!

I really like this.

I notice the artist/song info can be displayed on seperate lines if I was using AveDesk, but I'm not.

Is it possible to make this feature available for ObjectDock, or is that one of ObjectDock's limitations?

Ideally I'd like to be able to have artist/album/song on three seperate lines; but this is real nit picking, thanks for a great docklet!