[release] Itunes Docklet

Unbeliever

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hm. i am using the latest, but i don't see any playlist options. it's itunes 4.7, using mplugin for 4.7, and objectdock 1.04 (i hate 1.05)
By any chance, is your iTunes localized to a far east character set?

So that 'Library' in iTunes is in simplified chinese?

The entire docklet is ANSI at the moment.

Edit:

The "tralala" will get off, of course. The image settings will wander off to another sheet therefore I introduced property sheets here, and of course because of AveDesk.

today i went in this forum and downloaded the itunes pack. it's 88 kbl size on disk and 85.5 size. that's the only way i can clarify that it's the correct version. and i don't know what far east character set is? it's all in english as far as i know.

i did all that you said, itunes is running, i resetted my entire computer just to make sure. one minuete a go i downloaded and installed again.

Right clicking on the itunes46.dll in explorer and selecting properties, you should see a version tab. Here, Version number should be 1.0.0.5, special build should be 4.7.0.42.

Previous versions didn't have a version tab at all.

Sorry you put "Hong Kong" as location under your avatar and I thought it could be problematic if your iTunes was all in chinese. There's no problem with that, I just confirmed it by renaming my library to sth japanese copied from a website.

I think you should search and destroy all files named iTunes46.dll from your computer and unzip the download again, just to make sure that you don't have two of them.

hey, i regesterd because i wanted to download this so bad. i had the docklet for systats but compared to this one it sucks. just an idea, maybe making it so you can select a song from the library when u right click, so it would be right click/library/"playlist name"/"song name", that would be cool. otherwise it works great. thx for the awsome docklet.

Thanks man, welcome to A-S and enjoy your stay.

I actually thought of the same feature but I don't think it will work:

populating a tree of thousands of menu items would take too long, building the list on demand would be too sluggish. Also, a playlist of more than 50 songs in it would be plain unusable, since menus that don't fit on the screen are as sluggish as a crowded start menu.

However, I'll look deeper into party shuffle so that you can skip up to 15 tracks or reshuffle by context menu - this would be fast enough.

An alternative would be to have Artist/Album/Track selections headed by "Play only this Artist" and "Play only this album" with the artists grouped to "Abba - Deep P...", "Dire Str... - Meta..." and so forth. Or a grouping by genre. This would require a lengthy roundtip across the entire database, so it would be triggered manually like a HD defragmentation...

hey herd, per your first page post, i'm not gonna ask for a winamp version, or anything like that. but how's about a y'z dock version? the one at dockex sux!

[roger rabbit]p-p-p-please???[/roger rabbit]

Awww, shmengie, you got me there.

It'll come up together with the vuMeter docklet - I'm preparing a relaunch

of the final versions at dockex (with an inobtrusive paypal button hidden in the about box) gimme ten more days...

[font name=maroon-cartoon]that's all folks

• 1 month later...