[request] Opengl Support ?!

donzee

That would be very cool indeed.

At first thought, I would think that would be very impossible, since M$ winblows is not HW-accelerated, so one should alter the very core of the OS.

Then again, by now the developpers on this site and other have shown use so many cool features to be possible within the limitations of windows, I'd not be surprised someone would eventually get it done.

WB uses hyperpaint if your videocard supports it, which sould also be

a form of HW-acceleration.

If pearpc can implement HW-aceration for OS X emulation,

why not windows, right?

Originally posted by wiebeest@Sep 4 2004, 11:06 AM

That would be very cool indeed.

At first thought, I would think that would also be very impossible, since M$ winblows is not HW-accelerated, so one should alterter the very core of the OS.

Then again, by now the developpers on this site and other have shown use so many cool features to be possible within the limitations of windows, I'd not be surprised someone would eventually get it done.

If pearpc can, why not windows, right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, doing widget with OpenGL is impossible. However, doing it with DirectDraw (thus using HW acceleration) is possible. This is how StartDock do with their DirectUI technology (I think, since you can draw wherever on the screen with DirectDraw).

siwu

Originally posted by herd@Sep 4 2004, 12:16 PM

This would require AveDesk to take complete ownership of the desktop-

and not only render a set of layered windows... (That's how I understand

their DirectUI technology, correct me if I'm wrong)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I don't think it's working like that.

Actually, as I saw, they say they use HW acceleration for blitting, and not layered windows.

That means Direct3D or DirectDraw. And since they are using DirectDraw because you can draw outside the clipping region of a window.

However, that would require manual overlapping if you have windows opened.

siwu