Aero-soft.com Is Looking For Staff

deadzombie

Originally posted by Ludge@Sep 1 2004, 06:00 PM

EDIT: Also, what happens to aero-soft once longhorn is released?  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The same thing that happened when we could install Os X on our PC's - not alot. There is such a strong community here that people still have a base from which they can draw new inspiration.

I think the same would happen with Aero-Soft providing the same enthusiasm and support is created - which would draw in new talent and skills - which again would push the boundaries of Longhorn.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Ludge@Sep 1 2004, 06:00 PM

EDIT: Also, what happens to aero-soft once longhorn is released?  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A good question, and one I was hoping would be asked. Aero-Soft will switch gears and have a strong base focused on skinning the new Aero GUI. Where Aqua-Soft broke new ground with WindowsXP, Aero-Soft and Aqua-Soft will be there hand in hand to crack the new Avalon interface, shaping it to our will. I think because of its focus on Longhorn/ Aero GUI, Aero-Soft will have a head start over other customization sites, hopefully bringing more people to the site, expanding the community and taking us all into the next generation.

Until OSX's replacement comes out, that is ;)

I like it, dz... I like it alot. It seems like a logical progression to have Aero Soft go from skinning Xp to look like Longhorn, to having it be a community that develops skins for the Longhorn UI... Its a good way to keep the site useful once LH is (eventually) released.

Btw, has anyone else heard about MS reorganising its release plan... moving some features that were intended for LH only to be released in Xp updates later? Just wondered...

Cheers,

Originally posted by deadzombie@Sep 1 2004, 01:51 PM

Not to be rude, but you guys sure do assume alot. You assume that Tim and I dont know what were doing, you assume that everyone we choose will be strangers. You assume the worst at every possible turn.

Instead, lets try this: Dont post if you arent volunteering for a position on staff. If you want a position on staff, you will be interviewed. Different interviews occur depending on how familiar Timan and I are with you. For example, Seph, Steve and others have been brought on without hardly any effort. Others were asking for a little background - we know them, but still need more information.

So, just because we dont let the community know every single thing going on behind the scenes, try not to be so negative. Tim and I really do happen to know what were doing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well sorry but in the first post it didnt mention at all how the people would be picked, this is sort of like a competition and in a competition you usually say how winners will be picked. I agree I shouldnt have assumed the worst but its better to do that then assume the best and have things go down the drain, not that im saying you would let that happen at all.

And to those who say this isnt a competiton:

Well if you like at it, it is, the only way it wouldnt be is if everyone who wanted to be a Mod or News Poster became one, and you're being chosen based on your character and abilities, not the nicest sounding word for this type of thing but basically it is, not that competition is a bad thing, I love a good competitive-spirited person.

Originally posted by Seph@Sep 1 2004, 01:28 PM

Yeah, i walked into a badge while walking down the street :o

(that means, go and walk around A LOT.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually i nominated u in a thread a while back were tim was looking for some news posters and maybe a new mod.

@dz i hope u didn't take my cofusin in the other thread that go closed as anything more than me just trying to understand what your and tims plans were. i ment no disrespect.

and im really glad to hear that your swiching it and just keeping microsft related issues out of here. and keep aqua soft pritty much the same, just more of the way it should be, microsft free :P

i wish u guys the best of luck getting the new site up and running.

I'm 16 as of May 7th, so if you look at it technically I'm older than 16 but it's up to you anyway. ;)

I volunteer to be a weekly newsposter and/or moderator. I know the likelihood of becoming a moderator isn't that good, but I'm just offering my services should they be wanted.

Credentials (Hopefully I can scrounge something up ;)):

- I spend way more time than I should on this site and other forums.

- I am a moderator/admin on two other forums I have helped start or joined later on. One of these has become quite successful as a Lord of the Rings community at www.seatofkings.net.

- As a newsposter, my writing skills are quite good. You can see evidence of this on This Is A Very Long Domain Name (which is a site I run with a few people whom I know online). I write there under the name Eric, which happens to be my real name (go figure).

- I have just begun my own skinning experience for the Longhorn Aero theme. Granted, it wasn't much, but it's a start. You can see it here

- And I love the Longhorn Inspirat styles that I have seen so far.

This sounds too much like when I was applying for my first job. ;)

I'd really be happy to help out in any way that I can, even if that involves simply registering and being an active user. It looks like a site that will be great to have around.

Originally posted by deadzombie+Sep 1 2004, 09:51 PM-->
QUOTE(deadzombie @ Sep 1 2004, 09:51 PM)
[...]You assume that Tim and I dont know what were doing, you assume that everyone we choose will be strangers.[...]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Two points to make here: first, neither you nor Tim do know what you're doing, half the time... Can I remind you that you were both asleep at the wheel of TwistedCPU? :P Second, if you're involving anyone from A-S, it's kinda guaranteed that they'll be stranger than anyone else :P

Originally posted by [email protected] 1 2004, 09:51 PM

[...]Seph, Steve and others have been brought on without hardly any effort.[...]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's only because we're too stupid to know any better, and because we were bribed with the promise of cookies a long, long time ago ;)

To be honest, Stevie must be super bored, because this guy is all over helping us. You'd think he'd learned his lesson by now ;)

I made that under the stern leadership of herr Timmie...he didnt want to skin the site because the new board version is out soon, then I didnt want to skin it, then he wanted a header and footer, then I did that and now the site is getting skinned (but I havent done buttons yet)!

I need to contact you about that project Tim has touched base with you on... Id like that for Aero-Soft as well, with a few small changes.

And your right, I know nothing about this stuff - I just somehow get it done. (Surround yourself with talented people) :P

As far as Im concerned we can make up a title for you Stevie... you can pretty much have your run of the place. Lord knows you held TCPU together long after Tim and I were off doing other things ><

Originally posted by deadzombie+Sep 2 2004, 08:50 AM-->
QUOTE(deadzombie @ Sep 2 2004, 08:50 AM)
To be honest, Stevie must be super bored, because this guy is all over helping us. You'd think he'd learned his lesson by now ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah - I just wanna see if you guys can do the board right this time :P

Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2004, 08:50 AM

I made that under the stern leadership of herr Timmie...he didnt want to skin the site because the new board version is out soon, then I didnt want to skin it, then he wanted a header and footer, then I did that and now the site is getting skinned (but I havent done buttons yet)!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Either way, it's looking good... Like I say, we need a skin for A-S, so get to work :P

I need to contact you about that project Tim has touched base with you on... Id like that for Aero-Soft as well, with a few small changes.

Well, the way I build systems "a few small changes" are up to the user to make in the configuration settings, not me to design ;)

It should, if I get it right, be easily adaptable to lots of different scenaria...

And your right, I know nothing about this stuff - I just somehow get it done. (Surround yourself with talented people) :P

Have you started to surround yourself yet, then? If so, who?!?

Originally posted by deadzombie@Sep 2 2004, 09:14 AM

God title is taken on the site, but I was thinking of Overlord. Would you prefer "The Great and Mighty Overlord Stevie BM" or just "Overlord"?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God is taken? By whom?

Overlord is fine - "The Great and Mighty Overlord" is a little too much, I think, and doesn't feel as ominous, to me...