Aero-soft.com Is Looking For Staff

deadzombie

Let's try this again, without the spam and negative comments:

Aero-Soft.com is registered and is under construction. The focus of the site is the Aero look/ Longhorn interface. The site will be closely associated with Aqua-Soft.org, and will give this community an outlet for new themes that center around Longhorn, keeping Aqua-Soft focused on Aqua and Mac based themes.

Requirements:

You have to like the Aero/ LH interface.

You have to have a decent knowledge of customization.

You must be older than 16 years old.

Positions open:

Looking for several moderators.

Looking for 4 daily news posters, 2 weekly news posters. (ask me for details if you are interested in either position).

Leave a post here if interested in signing up or if you have positive suggestions. Spam and negative commentary will not be tolerated.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent! When you said a new site was in the works, I was assuming that it would be a general windows customisation one, but this is a pretty good idea. I'd like to apply for a moderator position, or failing that, the weekly newposter.

My credentials:

19 years old

Been here ages and spend an unhealthy amount of time online ;)

I was part of the A-S clean up crew after the move to IPB 2

I like the idea of removing the non-aqua stuff from here, but keeping it going elsewhere.

OK, that'll have to do, I just woke up and can only do so much thinking before my morning caffeine intake.

I have my own forum and know about the rulez (I gave my forum over to other moderators, so I have time)

am 17, customize since I'm on my first PC and also know something about styling or graphical works.

I would really love to be a part of a new growing community. Especially as a MODERATOR, but I don't want to post news since I'm from germany and my english is not as good as it seems.

Can I help with some design-parts? - I have an idea for a frontpage in aero-look.

I hope the two sites would be able to share a single user base. That'd make things a lot simpler from the users point of view, although probably not from the admins.

EDIT: Also, what happens to aero-soft once longhorn is released? :blink:

Originally posted by XJOSHATTACKX@Sep 1 2004, 02:07 PM

After further review in my head, I would like to appologize to DZ... I think the idea is great, i'm just afraid of people leaving one community for the other. Anyways, if you need help with staff i'm your man.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That seems to be a common fear Ive encountered with our original plan of taking Aqua-Soft back to basic Aqua and throwing everything else on Aero-Soft.

So Tim and I talked about it, and were going to let Aero-Soft focus on Longhorn/ Aero based themes, pulling that away from Aqua-Soft, and let Aqua-Soft ride with everything else. Guidelines for skins at the new site will be apparent, and not nearly as confusing as some people fear. Thats less devisive, and follows the same formula that we started Aqua-Soft with: stick to one thing, then grow from there.

A few things will be run differently, such as forum rules (which will be a little looser), and news posting, which will be more varied and frequent. News Posters will be held to certain requirements depending which type of position they choose to take. I'll email news poster volunteers the requirements later today.

Most importantly, Aero-Soft is not intended to divide the community, but to encourage growth for the community. The core members that love love Aqua and nothing else have a point in that this community has lost a little focus, especially with Longhorn a few years away. Aero-Soft will be an outlet for Longhorn related skins for this community, allowing Aqua-Soft to not be as distracted from its primary focus of "all things Mac".

I will contact potential moderators within a few days of you volunteering. With every site Tim and I have done, we will ask for a very brief statement why you think you'd be a great moderator, Ill throw the outline for the forum rules for you to review, and we can all decide from there if you want to come on board. Tim and I are picky about who mods for us - it has to be comfortable for each moderator and ourselves. We want the site to be fun, but its absolutely necessary that competent members are available to help keep the boards focused. ;)

i think it was a bad idea to ask people to appy for mods. NPs are one thing, but mods should be chosen on basis of trust, not by a public ad wink.gif

That's exactly my opinion. Thanks unbeliever.

Let me explain, why: Everybody just says: "Hugh, I'm so good and I'm the best and I want to be a moderator and and and..." Do you understand? I mean, it's ok, when you love yourself, but look, there are other people like me who just wait for the forum and then recognize who is admin, mod or anything else.

Hope you can understand my stupid English.

Thanks for your attention.

//Controverse :(

Originally posted by Unbeliever@Sep 1 2004, 02:08 PM

i think it was a bad idea to ask people to appy for mods. NPs are one thing, but mods should be chosen on basis of trust, not by a public ad ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He doesn't know how half the staff here got their jobs. ;)

I know my opinion isnt as important but I kinda agree with Unbeliever and Controverse, To pick total strangers to be a moderator or newsposters seems wrong, it should be based on how theyve contributed to this site already, If you're going to pick people who just volounteer atleast go and read their past posts to see what they're about, like do they contribute to the site by submitting things or help others if they have questions, you know stuff like that, I cant say I wouldnt love to be a moderator for the new site, but not cause I can talk my way into it or plea a good case.

But its not my place to say how you guys go about it, its just merely a suggestion

Originally posted by dp2kthree+Sep 1 2004, 08:12 PM-->
QUOTE(dp2kthree @ Sep 1 2004, 08:12 PM)
To pick total strangers to be a moderator or newsposters seems wrong, it should be based on how they've contributed to this site already, If you're going to pick people who just volounteer atleast go and read their past posts to see what they're about, like do they contribute to the site by submitting things or help others if they have questions, you know stuff like that, I cant say I wouldnt love to be a moderator for the new site, but not cause I can talk my way into it or plea a good case.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't want to reply to this thread again in case I came across as a "pick me! Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!" type of person, but this post needs replying to. I think that the admins will surely be vetting the people who applied here. I'm sure also that if someone didn't post here who they wanted, that person would be contacted. Timan and the variety of staff that have been here since I joined have obviously been chosen wisely, I don't think they'd muff up when creating a new site because some "unsuitable" wanted the job.

Originally posted by dp2kthree@Sep 1 2004, 08:12 PM

I know my opinion isnt as important but I kinda agree with Unbeliever and Controverse,  To pick total strangers to be a moderator or newsposters seems wrong, it should be based on how theyve contributed to this site already, If you're going to pick people who just volounteer atleast go and read their past posts to see what they're about, like do they contribute to the site by submitting things or help others if they have questions, you know stuff like that, I cant say I wouldnt love to be a moderator for the new site, but not cause I can talk my way into it or plea a good case.

But its not my place to say how you guys go about it, its just merely a suggestion

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to be rude, but you guys sure do assume alot. You assume that Tim and I dont know what were doing, you assume that everyone we choose will be strangers. You assume the worst at every possible turn.

Instead, lets try this: Dont post if you arent volunteering for a position on staff. If you want a position on staff, you will be interviewed. Different interviews occur depending on how familiar Timan and I are with you. For example, Seph, Steve and others have been brought on without hardly any effort. Others were asking for a little background - we know them, but still need more information.

So, just because we dont let the community know every single thing going on behind the scenes, try not to be so negative. Tim and I really do happen to know what were doing.

Hey.

I alerady PMed you off the initial thread you brought this up in, but that thread degenerated into madness.

Like I said, would love to be involved in any way I can. I'm using LH Inspirat2 at the moment... so yes, I love the Aero/LH look... Designer/motion graphics and video by trade, used to be a computer journalist. I know my way around the inner workings of IPB fairly well...

I'm in if I'm wanted. 'Nuff said.

Cheers,