[request] Dual Monitor Support

Originally posted by Angryman@Aug 31 2004, 10:20 PM

Avedesk obviously doesnt store the positions of the desklets when screen size is something like 2048x768 and it doesnt support screensize changes (for example with games)

Does anyone have a solution for that???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree, this is a real problem for me too :(

No problems :cry: AM I THE ONLY ONE IN HERE... :cry:

The problem with dual monitor support is specificly at SYSSTATS WIDGETS at startup

i have to reload them at each startup cause they are off-screen.

I play Farcry at a resolution of 800x600 and when i get backk to windows Avedesk is frozen..

And sorry... If i could i would buy me a better graphic card to play Farcry at a higher resolution so the second problem would be solved... :D

Originally posted by Angryman@Aug 31 2004, 06:35 PM

The problem with dual monitor support is specificly at SYSSTATS WIDGETS at startup

i have to reload them at each startup cause they are off-screen.

That's normal, since several AD/SysStats widgets like to spawn (on my box, with my rez of 1280x1024) at a position like 500x1200 or something (1200 being off screen if your rez is [whatever]x1024--or [whatever]x768, in your case).

edit: (silly me...) All you have to do (until next time you add another SysStats widget, muhahaha) is change the position (in XY coordinates) of the widget to somethign within your resolution.

Goto the Desklet CPL>Properties of the widget>change X and Y values

Originally posted by Angryman@Aug 31 2004, 08:20 PM

Avedesk obviously doesnt store the positions of the desklets when screen size is something like 2048x768 and it doesnt support screensize changes (for example with games)

Does anyone have a solution for that???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure what you mean by AveDesk not supporting dual monitors. I have 2 machines running dual monitors (home/office) and they seem to work fine with widgets spread across the two.

I'm running 1280x1024 resolutions. I'm simply creating the desklet/docklet and dragging it to the second monitor and then saving the configuration from the Desklet Control Panel. I haven't tries w/ your specific resolution, but I will try soon.

Now the resizing of the desktop resolution, thats another issue. Changing from 1280x1024 to 800x600 does leave the desklets/docklets out of the visible desktop area. I think Andreas is already working on that issue.

All will be well soon.... as long as Ave doesn't do something crazy like go to sleep or go to school.

AveDesk rocks!! ::rockband::