[release] Sprintwindow 0.1 Beta

siwu

Hello Siwu,

Just see it, just downloaded it and just tested it ...

But doesn't work ...

I use your sample and i get a wondefull "blue screen" PageFault !!!

Whats wrong ???

I use a multiple monitor ... May be ???

Thanks for your help.

LeFOOL ;-)

Originally posted by Vjay@Aug 30 2004, 05:50 PM

WinXP SP2 Geforce3 with actual drivers if this matters.

Why you cant examine the system-settings @ the first call, instead of an external program. Is this too complex?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This error is actually: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND (retrieved via GetLastError()).

It means that the dll didn't find the SPrintWindowDrv.sys file.

However, it's pretty weird because the DLL is locating itself and expect to find the driver in the same directory.

Did you try with the sample program ? Maybe it's because of delphi :/

You should check the working directory of your executable file, this maybe the cause.

siwu

Originally posted by siwu@Aug 30 2004, 08:14 PM

This error is actually: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND (retrieved via GetLastError()).

It means that the dll didn't find the SPrintWindowDrv.sys file.

However, it's pretty weird because the DLL is locating itself and expect to find the driver in the same directory.

Did you try with the sample program ? Maybe it's because of delphi :/

You should check the working directory of your executable file, this maybe the cause.

siwu

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The exception occures when i load the library. The workingdir is correct. Delphi ... think no. if you load the dll in a cpp program or in a delphi-program shouldnt matter (or you made something big wrong ^^). I cant test it @work (win2k) because we must use a http-proxy and your info-fetch doesnt support that. Also i cant test the sample-prgram cause i dont have a c compiler.

In that case I'd guess it didn't found its spw file since you didn't create any. I'm running on a HTTP-Proxy too and it worked when I temporarily disabled password checking - admittedly you can't do that at work but you could try to run the infofetch app from an app that supports the HTTP-Login box and that inherits its handles and credentials...

Originally posted by Vjay@Aug 31 2004, 11:03 AM

The exception occures when i load the library. The workingdir is correct. Delphi ... think no. if you load the dll in a cpp program or in a delphi-program shouldnt matter (or you made something big wrong ^^). I cant test it @work (win2k) because we must use a http-proxy and your info-fetch doesnt support that. Also i cant test the sample-prgram cause i dont have a c compiler.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Weird, really weird....

Actually this error is not due to a bad SPW file, but to the library cannot find the SPrintWindowDrv.sys file.

Well, try to put it in the \Windows or \Windows\System32 directory, of even only C:\.

siwu

When running the InfoFetch.exe I got following message:

"Downloading...error!

Seems that the file can't be found!

Press a key to quit!"

I have no problem compiling your example code, but since information file was not successfully generated, the example can not run.

• 1 year later...