[ann] Santiagom.4t.com

Santiagom.4t.com.jpg

Hello my fellows, today I'm announcing the opening of the newest emulation forum on the web.

Santiagom.4t.com has realized a forum in witch you will be able to share your creations, to hear comments and advises from other users, and to tell what ever you want to say about emulation, and things related to Apple, and changing the way Windows works, and looks.

The beast about Santiagom.4t.com is that these web page has traducctions for nine different lenguages

The forum would not be officially realized, and finished until September the 10th, but I would like every one to come in and take a close look of how it is getting built, and also to post on the forum any comments and idea you would like for it to be better.

Santiagom.4t.com will be a better community if everyone helps.

Oh yes, I was forgetting something. Because Santiagom.4t.com is getting build for only one person, and it doesn't sound fun I propose letting someone who thinks is responsible enough, and have time, be the moderator of Santiagom.4t.com forums. In order to be so you will have to invite more than 25 people to join the community and post 50 posts about anything related. Remember the people who you invite, have to post at least one post, and in the bottom your name has to appear.

I hope you have fun and remember that you have time until September the 10th.

Have fun here is the link

http://santiagom.4t.comhttp://santiagom.4t.com/Help%20picture.jpg

Post Edited.

1) It's not good manners to post exclusively in bold (and no, what I'm doing isn't hypocritical - I do it here for a reason).

2) Don't post huge images inline.

Please limit inline images to 500px wide by 375px high.

-------------------------

Stevie BM

w00t. Another emulation forum! <_<

Your sig is too big. Either you want to remove it or the mods will.

Your site either doesn't render properly in Safari, or is built waaay too wide.

Oh yes, and you posted this in the wrong forum.

As said before...

This is a Community Sites [Ann]ouncement. As an administrator of your boards, im sure you would encourage newcomers to your forum to read around, check out the rules and see where to post and how to post before doing so. We hope for the same.

---------------------------------

The Topic Has Been Tagged & Moved

// Seph

I say this everytime a new emulation page is made: It has been done before, and it has not been usually succesful.

And about your page, it took about 40 seconds to load with a 1MB connection, and everything was still pretty messy. I'd suggest you redid it a bit. And please oh please DO NOT use centered text in your news posts...

Ya lo movi por ti, ahi deje notificacion de ello. Es necesario que pongas esa imagen en todos tus posts? Por favor quitala.

---------------------

I moved it for you already, i left notice of it there. Is it necessary that you post that image in every message? Please remove it.

Originally posted by santiagomedinasaenz2@Aug 25 2004, 04:04 PM

Thank guys for suporting my project, I mean, I'm new on these web designing and I'm doing my best. I just wish someone will give a postive comment. I'm just 14 and is the first time i build something like these.

I'm sorry for posting it in here, how do i move these post, or can someone move it for me plase

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont worry dood. People around here wont give you any positive

comment no matter how good your site is. :P Its something you have

to deal with if your a member here. :wacko: You should have seen

what some people said after I posted about my site www.thereshackery.tk

Ill put up a link to you on my site if you like :)

P.S.

Im 14 to :)

Originally posted by ifido@Aug 25 2004, 08:18 PM

P.S.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, thats just not fair. If I had a nickel everytime someone threw up a site for skinning and customization hailing it as "the next great site" I'd own all of you.

Here's my issue, everyone expects praises, regardless of what content they offer, and thats just not right. Is it too much to ask a webmaster that their new site offer quality content before praises are sung? I dont think so. Many sites on the web that deal with customization, even popular ones such as Skinz.org, wont get a jolly round of positive remarks because they don't offer anything GOOD.

That having been said, this site is new. I don't really see anyone dismissing it out of hand, just offering constructive criticism. You aren't going to be an IconFactory overnight. Listen to the community, get some solid content, then come back and ***** if people aren't giving you the respect that good content deserves. Heins had a reason to ***** when his work was getting torn apart - you're nowhere near that level.

Good luck with your site. I've got it bookmarked, and if you release something good then Ill make certain the community knows. Right now, thats pretty much all you could ask.

Originally posted by ifido@Aug 25 2004, 08:18 PM

P.S.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know dude, I mean I'm new on these and I wasn't expecting that much from it, but come on not even a good comment. Is that too much to ask?

Well that doesn't matter, I will keep working hard on it, not for the comments but for me, for my own. :smartass:

And if anyone wish to make a good coment you are more than welcome

You also are more than welcome to join my forum

Thanks for your soport Aqua-Soft :(

sorry but i missed the part where we become a "throw in your site and you will automatically get good comments from us"

It doesnt work that way...

You can go around and see some peoples site submissions and they are filled with positive comments! (ie Hybrid Rainbow's) but dont expect us to unconditionally go "OMFG your site R0x0ors teh big111!" at anything you throw at us.

You may have worked on it a lot and we are not undermining that, just saying you dont just get good comments for posting, thats all.

Now, stop the offtopic, if you have nothing to say about the site, dont post or ill close the thread. Simple as that.

// Seph

Originally posted by santiagomedinasaenz2@Aug 25 2004, 08:55 PM

I know dude, I mean I'm new on these and I wasn't expecting that much from it, but come on not even a good comment. Is that too much to ask?

Well that doesn't matter, I will keep working hard on it, not for the comments but for me, for my own. :smartass:

And if anyone wish to make a good coment you are more than welcome

You also are more than welcome to join my forum

Thanks for your soport Aqua-Soft  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, here's my challange to you: GIVE ME A REASON FOR A GOOD COMMENT.

If you aren't familiar with how it works, let me explain. We give credit where credit is due, and help wherever we can. But there HAS to be a basis. Ask ANY developer here, any website owner with decent content and they'll attest to our support, heck, even to our love of their work.

Have you seen your site? I have, and there's NO CONTENT. Most of the sections are down, the side panels display improperly and several of the images aren't sized properly. So what do you want us to say about the site? Good work on...what? Your bio? No thanks, I can access hundreds of bio's much easier... bio's don't excite me.

You want the support from Aqua-Soft, then give us something to work with.

IT'S IN YOUR COURT. Fix your site, get some content and then come back. IF YOU GET IT TOGETHER, we'll be happy to throw up some linkage to your site, send people your way and even give announcements when you have worthwhile content. Now either stop crying and earn the communities support or dont, its your choice.

And if I sound a little harsh it's only because Aqua-Soft is being given a bad rep here for no good reason. I won't allow that. Don't blame us for your own problems.

Seph, I never said that aqua-soft is a auto-get-good-comments

whatever you called it. I simply think alot of people are unnecesairly

harsh when they give people what you all call "cunstructive critisism".

There is waaaay more of the "that sucks" attitude (Note that Im not

saying that anyone else said that) then the "it would be better if...."

attitude. The "cunstructive" part only seems to come after the web

developer gets thourghly pissed off.

I was wrong to publicly threaten you like that iFido, im sorry. I have deleted the post out of own guilt.

But i do think (as i have told you in some PM's) that you need to chill out and stop bad mouthing about Aqua-Soft. Even YOU know it is not that bad.

Have a look at the threads active now. All you see is thank yous, and positive feedback.

The problem is that a lot of people (no, not you or Santiago) open up a .tk, churn in an IPB and put a logo in it and they come, to announce it. Now, what are we supposed to say about that? nice .tk you have there?

Try to be a little objective people

santiagomedinasaenz2

One comment I can give (I'm being lazy and I really should get to finishing a website project) is that your site is much better than what I did when I first started web design (back when I was 15 or 16. I am now 19).

You just need to make sure that it display's correctly in both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Also, do not use centred text for content.

Ok, I just need to say something. A few weeks ago I saw the VERY FIRST website I made... And man, I was embarassed at myself... cause it was really bad. I made it a couple of years ago, and I already finished studying graphic design.

So don't worry man, things always get better with time. Just keep it up ;)

PS: I recommend though, use smaller images, try to make shapes smoother, and work with the actual size when you're designing (that means, don't make the design pretty big and resize it afterwards)

Originally posted by Seph@Aug 25 2004, 10:54 PM

I was wrong to publicly threaten you like that iFido, im sorry. I have deleted the post out of own guilt.

But i do think (as i have told you in some PM's) that you need to chill out and stop bad mouthing about Aqua-Soft. Even YOU know it is not that bad.

Have a look at the threads active now. All you see is thank yous, and positive feedback.

The problem is that a lot of people (no, not you or Santiago) open up a .tk, churn in an IPB and put a logo in it and they come, to announce it. Now, what are we supposed to say about that? nice .tk you have there?

Try to be a little objective people

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, but what exactly does the ending of the domain have to do with the

quality of the site and the effort that went into developing it ? :huh: Even though

the site is still just geting built and clearly there is much work left to do yet,

santiagom had obviously put some effort into this. And the fact that he possibly

cant / doesnt want to pay for a .com domain doesnt mean that his site is bad.

#ifido :)

@ifido - i don't know about you but if you really hate a-s this much because positive feedback is hard to gain. but your notoriety of being the community itch (not that you really are in person)... It's just that your always complaining about the comments you get... then why keep coming back. Nobody likes the complainers, everybody here has given you props when it was earned, and it's up to you how you look at criticism. I'd suggest take a little time and ease up on the mods and the people who've been in the business of designing. Sephs established himself already in that area of expertise. so to give criticism is normal to help the other person. We've all been down that road already, sure we hated our very first stuff because it's an embarassment but hey it's all good it changed with time.

Seph and Deadzombie is right... you can't always expect the respect and support if there isn't anything good to read or what have you. It's something to be earned.

What makes A-S a great site is that there's always something new, and people give feedback when they feel that their opinion counts.

@santiagom: no worries about your site bud. it'll come along soon enough... keep working at it. it's a little big and very messy from my view of things... there's always potential in design. just keep at it. you'll get the respect when it shows.