[preview] Danimator's Osx Pack For Sp2

Here's a few screenies from my upcoming Mac Osx 1:1 Trans Pack for Windows XP Service Pack 2. Still a little bit to finish, but should be done soon. Will Include system files, trillian skins, dock skins and icons, etc etc etc etc etc etc (A whole load of stuff) And yes, it will have an installer ;)

Here's a couple preview screenies:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/9925397/

http://www.deviantart.com/view/9925493/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9925564/

Will keep ya posted...Peace

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danimator,

I'm looking forward to your SP2 version.

What I escepcially like about your Sysmod version is that

you dialogue-windows contain both those OS X pictures and subtext

(example: are you sure you delete permanently --> can't be reversed),

Because they are not only more OS X but also just a plain improvement to the standard windows dialogues.

I was very impressed with your former version,

although I was sorry it didn't include an installer such

as Flyakite's version. I never succeeded to get it to work 100%,

but maybe this is becouse my WindowsXP version is not enlish, but dutch.

Soon I will be in the posession of the english version, with sp2 included,

then I'll be prepared and I'd be happy to test a beta.

Could be a cool experiment, because my by current standards O L D systems specs add to the fun... :naughty:

Whish you all the luck with the completion of your pack.

Respect,

WIEBEest

>InuYasha..Not sure bout the release date, I don't think it'll be longer than a couple weeks. I`m really tied up with my work, etc now so will try to get it done soon as I can in my freetime. Also I'm literally going through every dialog, text string, wizard, etc to make sure all works fine. (and to make sure there's no sign of the word "windows" anywhere ;) haha. So I expect it won't be longer than a few weeks. Will keep ya's posted...Peace

Originally posted by InTrIgue@Aug 22 2004, 12:18 PM

Take your time!  This is going to be Fantastic when it is done (Y)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah - take your time - no rush on this one - remember, it's better to be done right, than to be done rushed! Especially with mission critical OS files!

Also, the release of SP2 is not officially done yet either....the one available (at least officially) is for network/corporate installs. It is most likely that there will be some minor tweaks and app fixes before the home-user SP2 is released for XP Home and XP Pro.

(and even then there'll still be issues!)

Cheers,

CJW

Originally posted by Danimator@Aug 22 2004, 12:08 AM

(and to make sure there's no sign of the word "windows" anywhere ;) haha. So I expect it won't be longer than a few weeks. Will keep ya's posted...Peace

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol :D no windows

@Danimator: will the sp2 version include an installer?

Originally posted by wiebeest@Aug 22 2004, 05:10 AM

Lol  :D no windows

@Danimator: will the sp2 version include an installer?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's a few screenies from my upcoming Mac Osx 1:1 Trans Pack for Windows XP Service Pack 2. Still a little bit to finish, but should be done soon. Will Include system files, trillian skins, dock skins and icons, etc etc etc etc etc etc (A whole load of stuff) And yes, it will have an installer

I just have one request for all authors of the installation packs. Could you replace the Administrative Tools icons? Also then you could add that file to the pack before it's released and that would complete most of the major System icons.

Other than that your pack looks great and of course we all appreciate your time and patience in creating these.

Thanks,

Clotz2000