[release] Vanillasoap Two

esXXI

Wheee, only finished the index quarter of an hour ago. The new sections will all be available shortly..

New in Two

• Shiny new look.
  • Now built on MovableType 2.6, rather than GreyMatter.
  • Now incorperates, previously seperate, weblogs.
  • Three new blogs; Cherrlastic, Fuog and Comlag (Alilm's).
  • Easier releasing (less delays ;)).
  • Associates-Only (AO) section that contains extra releases (as well as Private Releases, such as Lutetium PR3 ;))for donators only.

Hope you don't look on the addition of donators only things as me trying to raid your wallets, I just feel some works deserve to put a little money in my pocket.. Of course if someone was to offer me a nice job.. ;) >.:)

Go lookie~

Originally posted by Ludge+Aug 17 2004, 10:50 PM-->
QUOTE(Ludge @ Aug 17 2004, 10:50 PM)
Nice, but the old version was much nicer. There's not enough contrast between colours in this version.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought lots whether to just add the new stuff on the old look.. But I wanted "my own," instead of the rather Aqua-based look previous used.. Thanks anyway. :)

Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2004, 10:58 PM

I love the site, problem is the text is verry small and hard to read :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know what the equivilent short-cut is for Firefox.. But Cmd & = makes the text larger on a page. I specifically made the text smaller, because most entries (including blog ones) will be very long. The spacing I used (well was ordered to use) is nice and compatible with that method of increasing the text-size. And thanksss~

WOOOOOO, after weeks/days of waiting, you finally got a chance to work on the recently neglected VS. I prefer this style more, since your older site was less original, this will be the perfect showcase for your work, whether it be a small "I drew this myself" avatar to a wall that took 4 hours to make.

*is proud to be an associate* ^_^ :inglewooh2:

Originally posted by carbonfiber@Aug 18 2004, 02:12 AM

eeeew...

well at least you didnt make sweet love to it ;)

me wants Lutetium PR3 :(  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*coughs* Donate DO IT DO IT *coughs again*, geez I really need some cough syrup don't I? :canadian:

"Once inducted into the exclusive VS2 club, associates will be privy to a myriad of private releases and other downloads that grace associate's desktops only. In order to become part of VS2, which aids in the creation of wallpapers, widgets, avatars, and countless other design elements, please donate via paypal. One of the first immediate benefits of becoming an associate is having Lu PR3 (Private Release3) sent directly to your computer by email/link."

/mub points to esXXI's signature for linky :rolleyes:

Originally posted by esXXI@Aug 17 2004, 11:22 PM

I don't know what the equivilent short-cut is for Firefox.. But Cmd & = makes the text larger on a page. I specifically made the text smaller, because most entries (including blog ones) will be very long. The spacing I used (well was ordered to use) is nice and compatible with that method of increasing the text-size.

Its so tiny that I have to lean forward to my monitor to read it, and normally

Im sitting about 2 feet away from it. Maybe its just me. Im useing opera 7.5

and my resolution is 1280x1240. Im sure it looks perfect on 1240x768 :)

Originally posted by mubach+Aug 18 2004, 05:52 AM-->
QUOTE(mubach @ Aug 18 2004, 05:52 AM)
*coughs* Donate DO IT DO IT *coughs again*, geez I really need some cough syrup don't I? :canadian:

"Once inducted into the exclusive VS2 club, associates will be privy to a myriad of private releases and other downloads that grace associate's desktops only. In order to become part of VS2, which aids in the creation of wallpapers, widgets, avatars, and countless other design elements, please donate via paypal. One of the first immediate benefits of becoming an associate is having Lu PR3 (Private Release3) sent directly to your computer by email/link."

/mub points to esXXI's signature for linky  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Moo, my nice plugging-fiend. ;) But as the cow said, donations really do help towards keeping me from starving (or reaching iPod mini heaven (+starving)). And of course all donators get the password protected link to Lu PR3 (and above). :)

Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2004, 05:57 AM

From the front page of Vanilla Soap II:

You're my hero. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see why I should have to make life harder for myself and support IE. ;) Plus according to Awstat only 15% of users that visit VS use IE.

The "Soon" page was the previous index.html, which is now replaced by the forwarding (odd that it didn't re-download, since it's a much smaller file). And VS was down for around half-an-hour earlier. Sorry 'bout that. Eep. :(