Bday Present For My Girlfriend

Dang, where are all the ladies today? As a 20 year old female, I would love, love, love a pink iPod. If you know that she would like to be able to tote around all her mp3's, then go with that, the pink was the deciding factor for me when trying to figure out what mp3 player I would want. :D I know when it comes to electronics, I am interested in them WAYYYYYYYYYYY more than my bf is, even more so then some guys I know. As far as the shoes or purses, I'm gonna say a big no on that one, my bf has no idea what purse or pair of shoes I would want, me personally, I am so wishy-washy about what I like from month to month, there's no way anyone but another girl who would be able to pick something out that I would like at that moment. Only go with that if she's specifically pointed out a shoe or purse she wanted. I think the idea that Seph mentioned with putting the theme song to whatever show you were going to is adorable, I wish my bf would think of something like that! I think she'll love it Grim, it shows you put a lot of thought into her present. Good luck!! :)

wow, im so glad i revived this thread. lets see were to start.

@daclothe:my girlfriend HATES purses. and she does like shoes, but she only likes these 3 kinds she has, and i wouldn't even know were to start with that.

as for the lingerie, one thing i know from experiance is that girls love to feel sexy, and lingerie does the trick quite well. so thats a possiblility. maybe ill get something pink to match the ipod.again, pink is her fav color.

@MDZ61384:yup the beach is 2 minets from my house. but if things go the way i would like, we will go straigt from dinner to home. but that is a nice idea though.

@seph:ill set a web came up now ;)

@starburst697:glad to get a womans oppinion. yeah my gf is just as wishy washy as the next woman. i swear one day she will say she loves something and the next she will hate it. chicks :P

@eveyone, i feel like i should have u guys sign a birthday card or someting, your all being so nice.

THANX

Originally posted by cybele@Aug 15 2004, 02:42 PM

Hah, I LOVE gadgets, more than even my husband does.  I say get her the iPod if you know she'll use it. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but you have to remember, you're a member of a board that celebrates technology, computers, etc... if you tallied the number of members that were female here, i would be more than surprised if it was over 3%. In general, purchasing patterns and technology forum memberships show that females are not as overly excited as males when it comes to this topic.

Guest pixelmatrix

Wow, what a strategetic battle plan... As for my opinion... iPod is a big chick magnet... if only you had one to see if she likes it... Its kind of a risk... she probably will like it, but maybe not.

Oh and, we need a card... we can all digitally sign it...

Josh

• 2 months later...

/me picks up thread and dust it off

Ok people i gave my girlfriend her birthday present last night, an ipod mini,pink. the itrip for it. and a 50 dollar gift certificate.

her response, SHE LOVED IT. she must have said thank u a million times. she did other things to make be believe she liked it that i wont go into due to the youngings around ;)

We broke the brand new ipod out and charged it while i put all the softwere on your pc. and ran into a little problem, she dosn't have a firewire or usb2 port. but that was ok since i had an extra firewire card in my pc.

So I put itunes on her computer, and waited forever for all the wmp's to be converted. and set up her itunes store account and activated her gift certificate.

and within an hour, she was good to go.

So it was a great success. and i wanna say thank you to everyone who participated in this thread.

thank u all much :)

...but your right, she isn't into computers as much as me, but she does like music as much as me, probalby more so. and she is stuck lisening to it on her crapy pc speakers, and the car radio. so i figured she would really like the ipod for that.

I guess YOU like the iPod, when you drive with her;)

Boytoys ar good, for boys... buy her some...kitchen stuff, thats what girls like :cool: ...or naugthy underwear

Sascha

Ok people i gave my girlfriend her birthday present last night, an ipod mini,pink. the itrip for it. and a 50 dollar gift certificate.

her response, SHE LOVED IT. she must have said thank u a million times. she did other things to make be believe she liked it that i wont go into due to the youngings around

We broke the brand new ipod out and charged it while i put all the softwere on your pc. and ran into a little problem, she dosn't have a firewire or usb2 port. but that was ok since i had an extra firewire card in my pc.

So I put itunes on her computer, and waited forever for all the wmp's to be converted. and set up her itunes store account and activated her gift certificate.

and within an hour, she was good to go.

So it was a great success. and i wanna say thank you to everyone who participated in this thread.

thank u all much

Why do i don't see this before my posting???:blink:

Strange things going on :confused:

So now you're both are happy lol

Sascha

Hey denny (*snigger*)

Hahha

Anyway, the iTrip is all fine and good, especially for parties and stuff, but I would recommend getting a really high quality cassette adapter. The whole over the radio thing can get static-y and kinda unclear. An iPod was a good idea in my opinion, I don't understand why some people think girls don't like stuff like that. They may not like huge wristwatches that can tell you the weather (This thing rocks!) but I had a swarm of girls come up to me when I pulled out my 3g iPod in class once. One of em even called me sexy....or was that the ipod. ;)

i would have gotten her a cassette adapter. but her casset deck is f'ed. some cars. like the jetta have an audo in jack, were u can just get a male to male plug and use your ipod that way too. but the itrip was the only way to go. but it works fine. its what i use in my truck also.

I guess I'm almost late responding, but if you want a girl's input. Get it! gogogo! My favourite colour is purple, pink being a close second (really they're about the same but it depends on the shade and where. The iPod mini is a tad small for my mp3 collection (~80Gb) much less ripping all my CD's in lossless. But if 4Gb is enough for her, I have to admit the iPod mini is too cute, and I would personally pick the pink for myself. Just my opinion, hope it helps. :)

P.S. Another idea for engraving is putting her name. You know how it says iPod in the metal towards the center of the iPod on the back? Well, for me just have "Stephie's" engraved in it so it looks like it's meant to say "Stephie's iPod". Just an idea. :)

-Stephie

Since Grim's girlfriend's birthday has passed already and this topic has quickly degenerated into a matchmaking portal i have decided that the poin slipped away from us.

Indefinite minutes of silence for this thread.

-----------------------------------

The Topic Has Been Closed

// Seph