The Official "back To School" Thread

Junior in high school.

Taking less academic classes this year, last year I got lots of crappy stuff out of the way. Highschool blows, so boring, im waiting patiently for college. Heh...im not even the right age for my grade, I should be a sophmore still!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by wizard@Aug 11 2004, 12:53 PM

I will be starting Community College after a year off from school. Going mostly for pre-requisites. And to bring up my grades, I barely graduated High School. >.<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's exactly the same for me. Good luck to ya from someone in the same boat.

I'll be back in school August 16th. This is my last year. I'll be a Senior instead of a Jr. because I can skip grades like that. -_- :6 I really just want to get out of high school and go to college and be on my own for a while though which encouraged me to go ahead and report as a Senior. :P

I start my sophomore year at The Woodlands High School - McCullough Campus.. on MONDAY! :rant: i wish i still had 3 weeks! unlucky me lol..

well band practice actually started last week.. so i guess my summers already over.. so i shouldn't be complainin about school starting... but WHO DOESN'T!? can't WAIT for NATIONALS!!!! wish us luck!

I'll be a junior in the fall here at Washington University in St. Louis. It'll be my 8th semester in college, as I've spent the past three summers here taking classes, in addition to 4 regular-year semesters. I'm workin' on a psych major and three minors...

WARNING: The following is a rant and may not be suitable for younger audiances! :rant:

I'm going into the 8th grade in a few weeks and for the past few months I've been pretty happy: grades are good, school will, as usual, be easy. I'm working aroung 11 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week and only took some time off to take a few short classes and seminars at UVA.

But of course, it was all too good! about a week ago my parents tell me that they think schoool is too easy and that i should skip to 9th grade with all AP classes! :rant:

I'm trying to convince them that i have other things to do than just school (i.e. jazz band , blues band, art, programming, etc.) But try as I might, I can't seem to chang their minds. Keep in mind my father is a raving obsesive compulsive and work-holic and my step mother just fakes her concern, she couldn't care less.

And just to make my life more interesting, I just found out that my father had been cheating on my mother for over a year before they even seperated and I havent told him that I know because he's unhappy because my grandmother (the narcisistic lawyer with all of the money) just disowned him and the rest of the family.

We also happen to own a mid-sized WISP witch takes up most of the 7 days in the week.

------ END RANT ------

Jesus Christ I need to see a Shrink :cry:

Originally posted by mattjoc@Aug 12 2004, 07:26 PM

WARNING: The following is a rant and may not be suitable for younger audiances! :rant:

I'm going into the 8th grade in a few weeks and for the past few months I've been pretty happy: grades are good, school will, as usual, be easy. I'm working aroung 11 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week and only took some time off to take a few short classes and seminars at UVA.

But of course, it was all too good! about a week ago my parents tell me that they think schoool is too easy and that i should skip to 9th grade with all AP classes! :rant:

I'm trying to convince them that i have other things to do than just school (i.e. jazz band , blues band, art, programming, etc.) But try as I might, I can't seem to chang their minds. Keep in mind my father is a raving obsesive compulsive and work-holic and my step mother just fakes her concern, she couldn't care less.

And just to make my life more interesting, I just found out that my father had been cheating on my mother for over a year before they even seperated and I havent told him that I know because he's unhappy because my grandmother (the narcisistic lawyer with all of the money) just disowned him and the rest of the family.

We also happen to own a mid-sized WISP witch takes up most of the 7 days in the week.

------ END RANT ------

Jesus Christ I need to see a Shrink :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude this forum isn't therapy, you don't need to tell us everything wrong in your life.

• 2 weeks later...

That's right, I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. I can do that you know.

So, I had my first session of my Computer Art Studio class. Four hours, good or bad, it depends on how you look at it.

Good:

G5 Dualie (1.6 methinks)

23" Cinema screens (not the newer Industrial kind)

Wacom tablet

PhotoShop CS

Illustratot CS

Every Mac Program you can think of installed

Damn Fine chick sa next to me (I think it was the iPod)

I mean a DAMN FINE chick sat next to me.

Bad:

Teacher is terrible:

- She thought that because a program wasn't in the dock, that it was inaccessable. Our half of the room already got it because we knew about the Applications folder.

- All we accomplished was in Illustrator (our first program to work on), we type out name, flipped it, and printed it with no type of styles. And smart me used "wizard" instead of my real name because I hate my real name, only latter to find out it was to be a name tag thing.

Four hours of this madness

I think the DAMN FINE chick has a boyfriend.

Almost decided not to post mine.

I started 10th grade this year in a new, public school. My last one, 7th-9th, was private. Didn't come back for many reasons (including money, burnt out-ness, wanted to go to school somewhere not 30 min away, etc., not that you care...).

Originally posted by BlackIce@Aug 13 2004, 07:00 AM

Dude this forum isn't therapy, you don't need to tell us everything wrong in your life.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So... He's feelin lousy right now. Maybe we were the only people he felt he could talk to. If you were him I doubt you would like all your problems thrown back in your face, I know I wouldn't. So just lay off, ok? :angry:

Well, I'm just about to start Year 10 at Dixons CTC, Bradford, England. I think Year 10 is the equivilant of Freshman year, but not sure. I'm doing Art Coursework for the start of term as I speak (Man I get work even before the start of term, how much does that suck! :( )...

I'm looking forward to my 5 lessons of ICT per week and I will come away with a GNVQ at the end (equal to 4 GCSEs)...

@Wiz: How can a teacher, who teaches using a Mac not know about the Applications Folder, must be a really dumb teacher, thats a shame really cos that class is like the best in the world! Shame about the Damn Fine girl as well... :lol:

PS: mattjoc, PM me anytime buddy ;)