[release] V Animator (includes Buttonanimator V2)

Ok, ive downloaded itunes without any plugins myself (how much ram an application can consume..im impressed everyday again and again).

And it freezes on my pc too, ive modified VAnim, so i hope it works on your systems 2. Thanks for reporting.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New version out, for more see first post.

The link works and worked always, its just a little hard for some browsers etc. cause its a forwarder from my DNS-Provider. Try another browser or pc (or later again), because i dont want to make an email-list, where i mail all new versions for all the ones who werent able to download.

Hi Vjay :)

Always happy when a new release comes out. Once again.. great job!

I've stumbled across a glitch in the progress bar animation... it seems to be slightly too high leaving some "white" across the bottom while having the blue overlay of the progressbar poke alittle over the top. Could this behavior possibly be visual style specific? Can anyone else confirm this?

I have included some screenshots below.

Vjay.. i dont suppose there is a way to alphablend the text box halo as currently, the halo effect does not play well with darker themes. *crosses fingers* Could it be done?

Thanks again for the constant improvements to your app.

regards,

`fc

post-20869-1103179106.png

post-20869-1103179106_thumb.jpg

post-39-1103179106_thumb.jpg

post-39-1103179107_thumb.jpg

Hi Vjay :)
Hi there :)

Always happy when a new release comes out. Once again.. great job!
Thank you :)

I've stumbled across a glitch in the progress bar animation... it seems to be slightly too high leaving some "white" across the bottom while having the blue overlay of the progressbar poke alittle over the top. Could this behavior possibly be visual style specific? Can anyone else confirm this?!
Yep thats right. You noticed that, because you dont use a pantherstyle skin. When you look into the VAnim-folder you can see a folder named ProgressBarAnimator. In this lay some bitmaps, these bitmaps are used to paint the progressbars. You can modify them to fit better with your style.

I have included some screenshots below.
I not, are you now angry with me? :P

Vjay.. i dont suppose there is a way to alphablend the text box halo as currently, the halo effect does not play well with darker themes. *crosses fingers* Could it be done?
Maybe, i dont now, the halo effect doesnt look like i want it to have. I have to see if i can do there something, but not this week. Maybe the next one when my girlfriend has nothing against that.

Thanks again for the constant improvements to your app.
No problem, better than watching tv.

Greetingz

Vjay

As a "quick fix" could the "transparent pixel" method used for the button pulser be applicable towards the halo effect possibly? or would that be 2 unrelated things? (However, alpha blending would be nice since that would make the halo effect on the desktop look brilliant.)

I not, are you now angry with me?

I didn't quite understand :P but, if, by angry you mean angry at how little attention this program gets for how cool it is.. then yes.. point me to which pool to flip and I'll start a little riot. ;)

No i meant if you are annoyed of me (or how its called) it was just a joke.

No, the modules have nothing to do with each other. I'll look what i can do, but i think i have no time for that the next weeks.

Maybe i can do something tomorrow, otherwise you have to live without it until then.

• 5 months later...

Hi everybody! Thank you Vjay for the cool app I've ever seen!

I've made some graphics to match apple's tiger style.

Before:before.png

After:after.png

Sorry, no alphablending, so it looks crappy with dark visual styles.

To install, replace the original files in vAnim folder with this ones included in the archive :)

effects.zip

va-deam: Your "skins" are really nice, just a minor bug, please see screenshot. Thanks again.

edit: I have place 2 screenshots side by side, the glitch is not that there are duplicate halo's in the same instance, :P just that, as your file names get longer, the image distorts more than the original.

post-20869-1117045094_thumb.png

Wow! Thanks for bumping this thread. Now my buttons have LucidaMacBold and pulse! Much more Mac-like.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with Firefox, so the "Post Quick Reply" and "Go Advanced" buttons below don't pulse and are still in their regular fonts...

I'm glad people are taking a renewed interest in this program, I hope interests spark new development with it *crosses fingers*

@cleanup, yeah... firefox does it's own thing disregarding most customization apps it seems... I switched to firefox but miss how the animation progress bar does not show with it..