ObjectDock Development Update

Duckie

I just got finished talking with Jeff and he's working really hard to fix the issues alot of you pointed out, as well as enhancing others.

He showed me his newest build, due out in the next 3 days or sooner, and it is amazing.

Improvements:

Speed - MUCH faster

Animation/Zooming - More accurate

CPU load - 25% improvement

Memory - slight improvement

He didnt inform me yet if the font chooser has been added, but I'm willing to bet it is. I guess we'll see.

Keep an eye out for this one, it's gonna be good.

Also, look for my info on the new MobyDock in the MobyDock thread, HERE

Super happy to hear a speed update is coming!

besides the mag effect my only reason I am not only running Objectdock as of this point is the lag I encounter when running KaZaA Lite or any other mp3 playback software.

If both of my problems are fixed in one update.....Wow!

Keep up the awsome work Jeff!

Duckie, do you happen to know if the new version has the added cabability of being able to drag system defined shortcuts such as My Computer, My Documents, Control Panel and such to the dock instead of creating them manually? It's not a problem to create them manually I'm just curious if that feature has been implemented.

Didn't come up, but here's a few shortcuts for you to use in the launch section:

shell:Common Administrative Tools

shell:Administrative Tools

shell:SystemX86

shell:My Pictures

shell:Profile

shell:CommonProgramFiles

shell:ProgramFiles

shell:System

shell:Windows

shell:History

shell:Cookies

shell:Local AppData

shell:AppData

shell:Common Documents

shell:Common Templates

shell:Common AppData

shell:Common Favorites

shell:Common Desktop

shell:Common Menu

shell:Common Programs

shell:Common Startup

shell:Templates

shell:PrintHood

shell:NetHood

shell:Favorites

shell:Personal

shell:SendTo

shell:Recent

shell:Menu

shell:Programs

shell:Startup

shell:Desktop

shell:Fonts

shell:ConnectionsFolder

shell:RecycleBinFolder

shell:PrintersFolder

shell:ControlPanelFolder

shell:InternetFolder

shell:DriveFolder

shell:NetworkFolder

shell:DesktopFolder

Lemme know if they work, 'cause these were made for Y'z Dock

Thanks Duckie for the info. I tried shell:ControlPanelFolder and that works so I'm assuming the others work. One very easy way of accessing the control panel is in the link box just simply type control. Since control is recognized through the command prompt as being the shortcut to the control panel it works on the dock as well.

I just have one minor request for jeff...a way to make the background transparent. I know it won't look like the real dock, but it'd be a nice touch. Otherwise, I must say I'm quite satisfied with the speed of this dock, and the task manager...easy to set up, me likes very much.

So yeah...transparent background option would be great ^_^

Spyder: Jeff reads these boards ;) Yep, that's being looked into for the next release.

Ah yes and aardanos: the poof is customizable. Just swap the poof.png file that's in ObjectDock's folder with the image of your choice. I think you can find the classic MacOSX poof posted somewhere on these boards here.

Background transparency: working on background skinning first, then background transparency settings will come later