Kabal's Finderbar

the restore key dosnt seem to work for me, it removes the finder bar but im left with a blank space when folder view is enabled. this happens with your

version aswell ja450n sad.gif , not sure whats going on.

same problem here. blank space after restoring tree view. does anyone know a solution to this?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, this is so much better than using a finder clone, being that explorer is infinitely faster and more functional than any clone I know of, so being abl to have finderbar in it is just brilliant :)

As far as icon things go, I guess I'll just have to convert some nice icons from png to ico.

Thanks!

Originally posted by admf@Aug 8 2004, 08:57 PM

Oh! and as for restoring tree view, I backed up the registry before adding...

If anyone is thinking of installing, I sugeest that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

would u mind sending me the key? i put it on both my machines b4 i realised the bug >.< .

-The Unknown

arrgh

I made the foolish mistake of backing my entire reg by mistake (wrong radio button clicked) >.<

So I really can't help.

Although, I like the finder bar far more than the folders bar... More useful to me...

Although, I need to get around to converting pngs to icos for it to look nice, and consistant with my system.

Originally posted by admf@Aug 12 2004, 08:08 AM

arrgh

I made the foolish mistake of backing my entire reg by mistake (wrong radio button clicked) >.<

So I really can't help.

Although, I like the finder bar far more than the folders bar... More useful to me...

Although, I need to get around to converting pngs to icos for it to look nice, and consistant with my system.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont mind how big the file is - i can easily extract the relevant bits, and post the cut down version when im done. its up to you but i and certainly kerin would appreciate out folder tree back :lol: .

-The Unknown

• 2 weeks later...

for all those who also forgot to backup their registry... put these lines into a .reg file, add it to your registry, kill explorer.exe and finally restart it again to get back tree view:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EFA24E64-B078-11d0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E}]

@="Explorer-Band"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EFA24E64-B078-11d0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E}\Implemented Categories]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EFA24E64-B078-11d0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E}\Implemented Categories\{00021493-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EFA24E64-B078-11d0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E}\InProcServer32]

@=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\

00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,73,00,68,00,\

64,00,6f,00,63,00,76,00,77,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,00,00

"ThreadingModel"="Apartment"

:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any suggestions to which skin would look the best for our new Explorer-Finder. I am using xero's brushed panther but I just don't think it looks right (the brushed image on the titlebar doesn't match up with the rest of the window). I am using the latest version of WB along with Windows XP home SP2.

I have been exploring ways of hiding the caption of the finderbar to give it a more realistic appearance. So far I have had no luck but I did find a tutorial on how to change/remove the X close button from the caption.

1. Open reshacker.exe

2. Open x:windowssystem32browseui.dll

3. Open bitmap #545

4. Save the bitmap and open it in mspaint

5. Erase the X using the same color as the bitmap's background (it will be transparent if you use windowblinds)

6. Place the newly modded file into windowssystem32 (if you need to know how to switch system files, search, I do not want to give any advice on that personally)

After you reboot, you will no longer see the close button (it's still there, you can still click on it, you just can't see it)

Hopefully someone will figure out how to eliminate the caption altogether, that would be sweet

-Credits go to WinT of www.virtualplastic.net for the contents of this tutorial

I saw that already, but that seems to destroy the treeview, which is not an option for me. Thanks anyway!

Has anyone figured a way to allow the two to coexist? I don't even mind executing a specific shortcut to open Explorer with Finderbar running.

@z.mash: download the registry tweak that Pe8er have uploaded (see post above), apply it and you're ready to go. As for the shortcut, right click on the "finder bar" and customize it to suit your liking.
  • 2 weeks later...

First of all let me say that Aqua Soft all the guys here and this program are great ;) Thanks Kabal ;)

I too destoyed my tree view :( I tried everything to get it back...and I did :P

Luckily I have Norton System Works. I used it as a last resort and Win Doctor did the trick. Maybe other regisrty repair tools can also...? It still won't start Finderbar by default but I have my treeview back...Woooo...Hoooo :cool:

Aqua Soft and all you guys simply ROCK :cool:

L8tr,

HaMMeR=GoM

I'm a little confused here..

I've seen several reg files floating around here to get the finder bar working... and I've seen posts saying .Net Framework 1.1 is required..

Does this or does this not require .Net Framework 1.1?

Also I went to the webpage in the beginning of the thread.. the authors webpage which also has a program for changing icons (Candy XP).. do you need to download his .msi file for finderbar together with the reg files? this is all messed up :P

Yes you need the .msi file and Net 1.1. Just run it and reboot. Then fire up Explorer go to view, explorer bar, finderbar. Right click in the new finderbar panel and edit to suit your needs. Then right click and save configuration.

You only need the .reg files if you want this view as default. Be warned that unless you have a good registry repair tool, you will kill your tree view.

Good Luck, and read this thread completely first.

I hope this app gets worked on...It IS REALLY, REALLY COOL, WORKS GREAT AND IS WORTHY...wink, wink...Kabal and anyone else that can help him. Maybe I can too but programming isn't in me but I'd like to help.

L8tr,

HaMMeR=GoM=