Official "I Switched" Thread

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the battery charges 80% in an hour and 4 hours for full charge.

for the first few times, make sure you fully charge it.

Also try not to fully drain iPod's battery cause it will shorten its life ;)

@Orange,

do what Unbe said, but for the first time only, fully charge, fully drain, then fully recharge the battery as this calibrates it and will help you get a fuller life from it.

I think I got it right, First full charge > drain > full charge, then don't fully drain it any more =)

"there is one more thing" =D Why does it say "do not disconnect" when I connect it to my computer?

I guess it's like all outher divices that you should use "safe remove..." or in this case "Eject" in iTunes

then remove the FireWire/USB2

Then it should be no problemo, right?

/Thanks guys.

I think I got it right, First full charge > drain > full charge, then don't fully drain it any more =)

That`s right :)

"there is one more thing" =D Why does it say "do not disconnect" when I connect it to my computer?

I guess it's like all outher divices that you should use "safe remove..." or in this case "Eject" in iTunes

then remove the FireWire/USB2

Then it should be no problemo, right?

/Thanks guys.

Actually it`s pretty bad if you remove it by force. You risk loosing your data.

Before unplugging your iPod make sure u eject it by clicking on the eject button next to ur iPod's name in the Playlists panel in iTunes or via Windowse's eject removable drive option.

Once it`s safe to unplug it, iPod will display "Ok to disconnect" message.

That`s right :)

Actually it`s pretty bad if you remove it by force. You risk loosing your data.

Before unplugging your iPod make sure u eject it by clicking on the eject button next to ur iPod's name in the Playlists panel in iTunes or via Windowse's eject removable drive option.

Once it`s safe to unplug it, iPod will display "Ok to disconnect" message.

Alright =)

Haven't seen "ok to disconnect", perhaps I missed it, I see "just" the "iPod" (main menu)

I guess that would be ok =)

Is there any really good case for the iPod, whit protection for the click wheel, I notised that the Click Wheel work whit the round plastic protection that it comes whit. But it don't look so good =P and it will not last for long... My point is that I want my iPod to shine for a long time ;)

Is there a option where I can connect it whitout recharge it?

I would like to put some more songs on it, but don't recharge it. since I have much battery time left.

Is it wokring good whit win? I guess u would't buy one if not, but does all the keys working?

yup, apple just dropped the price on the wired components when they announced the release of the mac-mini - $29usd/$39cdn for each keyboard or mouse!

all the keys work and even the volume down/volume up/mute buttons work fine on my gateway notebook. the apple key is the windows key but everything else is fine.. i think there is no scroll-lock key however, and the cd/dvd eject key on the keyboard doesn't do anything when plugged to my notebook.

there is a driver out there that will allow you to remap all the keys but its pay/per/use and even just plugged in-stock, its completely useable with 0 limitations.

yup, apple just dropped the price on the wired components when they announced the release of the mac-mini - $29usd/$39cdn for each keyboard or mouse!

all the keys work and even the volume down/volume up/mute buttons work fine on my gateway notebook. the apple key is the windows key but everything else is fine.. i think there is no scroll-lock key however, and the cd/dvd eject key on the keyboard doesn't do anything when plugged to my notebook.

there is a driver out there that will allow you to remap all the keys but its pay/per/use and even just plugged in-stock, its completely useable with 0 limitations.

Nice!, really nice, any one use Scroll Lock? "what the *pip* is it for? Perhaps something old... like the floppy drive ;)

yeah, i never use that button and i hit by accident one day and noticed that my arrow-keys didn't work when scrolllock was enabled.*shrug* other than that, i have never used it.

either way, the keyboard is an awesome deal as not only does it look good, but its made of better quality and feels better than any other keyboard that i have used!!! the keys are solid and just have a much nicer feel to them than when i use a normal pc keyboard in the office.

I finally found myself a empty leaf on the Apple Tree, and pre-ordered a iPod Shuffle [512mb] they day they were released, I have plans on a iBook as soon as a find some more leafy stuff, in other words, get enough money. The iPod cost me $149 and it is the best $149 I have spent all year, the quality is great, not a problem with it at all, other than the lack of cases, and the one that apple supplies is $49!!!

Alright =)

Is there a option where I can connect it whitout recharge it?

I would like to put some more songs on it, but don't recharge it. since I have much battery time left.

Hmmm, not that I know of, I think it will always charge when plugged in, if it is not full. Once full it will stop charging. It won't "over charge," so you don't need to worry about that. In fact it is better that it charges, because it is much worse on the battery if it gets drained. Usually loading songs is faster than the iPod can charge up to full anyway, so just eject it when your done loading songs and playlists. So don't worry about how fully charged it gets, yet try to keep it always charged above 25% I'd say. I've heard others say 40% but that seems unrealistic.
wait a minute...

you payed for a 1GB but got a 512MB?

Yes, sorry I wan't clear there, I am in australia and had to pay gst and taxes etc thart apple passes on and other crap like that. The iPod shuflle started shipping on the 29th here, hance late delivery.

It seems they have some supply problems with some models, more particularly with the minimac and the powerbook 15'' 1.67. I placed an order on a PB 15'' and it seems that i will have to wait for a while... :(

I wish I ordered a 12 inch

The "ships by" date is an overestimate.

I ordered my Mac Mini on Jan. 19th, just 2 days after they changed the ships by from "Jan. 22nd" to "3-4 weeks"

It shipped out on Feb. 1st, and I recieved it (a few days late, thanks fedex) this past monday (the 7th). On my order status page it had said "Will ship on or before Feb. 16th".

So chances are, the dates they are posting is an overestimate to keep everyone happy and leave extra room for comfort.

I just got my Mac. It's a Powerbook 1.67 GHZ 15 inches Superdrive with 512 MO and 80 Go of hard space.

It just arrived this morning, I'm so happy, I ve been waiting for it for a long time, and now it finally arrived!! ;)

However I keep my PC and I will go on customizing it as before! Now my mission will be to make my 2 laptops look exactly the same

;)