Official "I Switched" Thread

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yee haw!!! I finally got a CD drive for my Mac G3 Blue (350 Mhz) so I can upgrade it to OS X!!!

/I got the G3 earlier this year for free from a fellow student)

//send free hard drives :D (stuck at 8 GB)

EDIT: My system is farked because of a failed OS install, leaving me with a piece of junk. It won't run Yellow Dog 4.0 or OS X because of "hardware" issues. Please see my other thread in the Apple Hardware forum.

Powerbook 12" Superdrive arrived today. Can't touch it until next Friday though, damn exams...

Still: Major ":D" occasion. :D

Dam you Mahalis *shakes fist in anger*...you beat me to it. My iMac is still en route to my house, currently stuck at Shanghai China, so it should take at least 4 days to get to California....bah, so I am making this my "I got a mac" reply.

Aaaaand finally! ^_^

After weeks of waiting it finally arrived...shiny iPod Photo 40GB ^_^

Check out some photos: http://pe8er.seph.ws/stuff/ipod/index.html

And BIG BIG thanks goes to flyakite who made this whole thing possible :):)

Awesome Pe678! That looks very shiny..

Hopefully, just over a week now until I get my iMac G5! Have to get it from the Regent Street store, everywhere up here is sold out.. *Crosses fingers*

is that an offer esXXi? :P

oh, and you`re one sick, lil puppy! stop harassing Piotrek`s baby :P

She happens to like my stroking her, thank you very much! :P

@Gnomexp: Congrats! Now fill 'er up for ol' papa seXXI!

(I'm so ending every post with that from now on.. UGN!)

Done! My music collection may only be 9GB of Electronic, Classical, and Rock, but more will come in the future. :D

Filling up my sisters now! (we had twins... Best Buy is recovering from the pain)

Question though... can you simply plug in the iPod to any computer using the USB or Firewire and use it as a hard drive WITHOUT installing the drivers on that computer? The iPod is already native to my home computer, but I was wondering if I could transfer documents to school with it and not install drivers.

Question though... can you simply plug in the iPod to any computer using the USB or Firewire and use it as a hard drive WITHOUT installing the drivers on that computer? The iPod is already native to my home computer, but I was wondering if I could transfer documents to school with it and not install drivers.

Yes yes yes :) One thing tho: if there's iTunes installed on the computer you're connecting it to, it will launch and ask you if you want to replace iPod's music library with the one from this computer. Just click No and everything will stay as it is and you can use your white babeh as a portable hard disk :)

ps. CONGRATS! ^_^

Posts removed.

@The Ghost of BDP: if you want to know the reason why we (me) banned Big Daddy P, navigate to page 5 of this thread. You are not allowed to discuss staff decisions in public, feel free to PM me if you have any problems with it.

@Others: learn to use report.gif for goat's sake!

WOOHOO CF got a mac!

good 'ol santa, except i got me a 12 inch, so im bringing i in to the apple store tomorrow and gettin' a 15inch.

I think the only reason i got it was because i naged my dad about it every ten minutes, and likend what ever he said to a powerbook. just keep naging guys ;)

edit: turns out its from pcconnection, so i wont get it till tuesday