Official "I Switched" Thread

I don't know if it counts, but I just upgraded to 2 GB of RAM and now this baby is acting like it should :D.

-NC

Hey! That's nice! I too plan to purchase the second gig of RAM for my MacBook, but it will have to wait until the end of holidays - shops are almost empty at the moment :)

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i was gonna buy this, which gets highly rated on ilounge . but after looking around, i'm going with that harmon kardon thing. it's only $80 on amazon. i was at best buy looking at it, to make sure i liked it and that the control unit wasn't too big to fit on my console. the sales guy said that they install these for $50! i said, "$50?" he said, "yes." "$50 to install one of these?" "yup." i still have a $100 amazon gift certificate that i used for this. so the whole thing is gonna cost me $50. (prays that best buy doesn't **** up my car...)

that whole thing about making a cable was before i really knew what was going on. twas newbie talk...

I guess I can brag about something. :P

I'm a proud owner of a Silver 2GB iPod Nano (2nd Genertation). My girl got it for me for Christmas and I recieved it on Wednesday. I thank her very much, although it was painful for me to accept the gift since it is on the expensive side. So, I'm very appreciative. (And I feel cheap because I spent only $75 on her gifts.) I guess it's the thought the counts. :P

A perfect little buddy since I don't need a heavy load of music by my side when I travel. :)

My kids got Mac lappies to take to college a couple years ago. My son is in computer engineering at Purdue and we had a little talk over winter break......my Macbook will arrive next week!! (happy)

We also picked up a Mini around Thanksgiving that's hooked to a 42" DLP. Sorry Bill but XP is my last Windows OS.......(feels even better than when we let go of AOL in '97)

• 4 weeks later...

I've ordered my very first iMac today!

iMac Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 GHz

1 GB RAM

160 GB Hard Drive

128 MB ATI Radeon x1600

8x SuperDrive

Mac OS X "Tiger"

I've been a fan of the iMac and OS X for quite some time, but never had the cash to buy one for myself until now. The best part is that it will only take about a day for it to be shipped to my house. :D

After begging my wife I've finally managed to purchase a iMac. It's not a new one but I got it nice and cheap.

It's only got OSX 10.1 installed, and has a 40gb HD, only 256mb, but it's a start.

As soon as I get my feet I'll submit a SS.

It's going to take a week to wipe the smile off my face.

After begging my wife I've finally managed to purchase a iMac. It's not a new one but I got it nice and cheap.

It's only got OSX 10.1 installed, and has a 40gb HD, only 256mb, but it's a start.

As soon as I get my feet I'll submit a SS.

It's going to take a week to wipe the smile off my face.

Hehe, a good start, congratulations!

-NC

• 1 month later...

(Family) iMac-

2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM

750GB Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 128MB RAM

Mac OS X 10.4.9 Tiger

(mine) MacBook Pro-

2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

3GB RAM

[200GB Hard Drive], 15GB Partion for Ubuntu, 25GB Partion for Windows XP, 40GB partion for Windows Vista, 120GB partion for Mac OS X 10.4.9 Tiger

(father's home use) Mac Mini-

1.66Ghz Intel Core Duo

512MB memory

60GB hard drive

Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar

(father's bussiness') Mac Pro-

Two 3.0GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon

4GB RAM

ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB

1x 500GB Hard Drive for Mac OS X 10.4.9 and apps

1x 500GB Hard Drive for storage

1x 750GB Hard Drive for partions (dont remember how much for each) for

Ubuntu, XP, Vista, Unix, and Knoppix

Dual 30" Cinema Displays

^ i never freaking get on it anymore, cuz my father is constantly doing business with it :( once in a blue moon....or when hes not home :P

(mother's) iBook G4 12"-

512MB RAM

40GB Hard Drive

Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther

(sister's) PowerBook G4 12"-

512MB RAM

80GB Hard Drive

Mac OS X 10.4.x (i dont know what she has now...)

my grandfather lives with me and has a very old Gateway...

Home network-

Xserve RAID ( 4x250GB Apple Drive Modules, 2x512MB RAID Controller Cache )

100GB Western Digital "thawspace" Hard Drive

Airport Extreme base station w/ 802.11n

Network Dell Color Laser Printer

Slingbox

Still waiting for my AppleTV!!!!

30MB/s Cable modem (Optimum Online Boost)

(mine) iPod Nano 2nd Gen Nano 2GB Silver

(mine) 5th Gen iPod 80GB Black

(sister's) 1st Gen iPod

(father's) 1st Gen iPod

(Mothers) 2nd Gen iPod Shuffle Blue

bold= non-apple

for my school?

they use old imacs from 1999.

64MB RAM

Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah, or Mac OS 9

this took me a while to write, and i only posted the ones i commonly use....to post it all will take forever.