Official "I Switched" Thread

3rd mac

macbook pro

15"

2gb ram, 2.33ghz

160gb hd

its a sloth :(

Stick with it, remember depending on what apps you run it might appear a bit of a dog at the moment (all depends on if your running 'universal' apps or 'PowerPC' ), it will change in January, get your hands on 10.5 Leopard the system will natively run intel hardware then.

Incidentally what are you finding slothish about it?

With all intense and purpose it should still be quick especially with 2GB of Ram.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2GB of ram is quite a speedcrack.

I just got myself a small macbook 13.3, all standard, 1.83 duocore, 512mb, 60gb hd, and such. Nothing extraordinary, but I just love macs.

Congratulations! I strongly recommend you to upgrade RAM ASAP to at least 1GB. That'd speed your mac up as a rocket!

took a long time but i am now a proud owner of a new macbook - so sweet!!

congrats to everyone on the new macs & ipods - T/F

specs ---------------------------------------

2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB

120GB Serial ATA drive @ 5400 rpm

Superdrive 6x (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)

Hard to say br'a. If ur using cable or ADSL, probably u'll be able to just plugin and go. On school-campus where I am I had to add specific DNS-servers, and connect using PPPoE before my system was up and running. It all just depends on ur ISP.

System: 17" iMac Core2Duo 2.0 Ghz, 1GB, X1600, Airport+BT2.0 built in

I just came home after buying my first piece of Apple hardware i ever had...=D

An iPod Nano, 8GB Black, to replace my broken zen micro photo (they gave me the money back, so i put an extra 40€ in it, and i don't regret it at ALL) :)

Lovin' everything so far...the way it syncs with the music library and the iTunes music store is flawless...=)

Changed my 1st gen 2gig nano for white 30gig 5.5th gen iPod today. I like the solid feeling of holding it and it's screen is just outstanding! And it fits to white macbook :) And I synced all the music library to the device at last :) And.... well... oh.... it is wonderful

What I don't like is that it is sluggish sometimes when accessing HD and that I'll have to go searching for protective films and a case again :(