Official "I Switched" Thread

I got my MacBook yesterday, w00t! It was delayed an extra week but Apple upgraded my order to two day shipping cause of it, so not that big of a deal.

It's extremely fast. I could Handbrake a DVD (VIDEO_TS) in about 30 minutes, it takes like 1 hr 30 min to 2 hours to do the same on my iMac G5. And I found something cool - you have different volumes depending on if you are using the built-in speakers or the headphones. The hardware is really cool, I was comparing it to my iBook G4 and the MacBook is so much nicer. I love the latch-less design and magnets for the power connector and all that cool stuff.

I also upgraded to 2GB of RAM and installed both BootCamp and Parallels (for windows). Counterstrike Source runs like crap, but Half-Life 2 runs really well surprisingly. I don't really know what else to use Windows for though...

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got my macbook this morning, finally :D Yeah i waited for one month exactly (ordered on the 27th of june and today is the 27th of july..). It's a supergreat laptop, the keyboard gets hot though.. For the rest it's perfect, i'm just playing around with it right now and i'm liking it :D The mighty mouse is great too, but i think that activating the right mouse button is a bit of a problem :( You have to go REALLY right to activate it.. But what the hell, i'll get used to it ;)

My black Macbook just arrived, and I love it. At my school, my school recommends getting a Macbook, so I decided to get a black one so it wouldn't stain, and to be different. It goes fast, I upgraded to 1 gig of RAM, and I love it. I also love Photo Booth. One more thing though, I got a new 30 GB iPod Video with it, because I used the free iPod Nano deal, and decided to get a $90 iPod that plays video instead (with rebate). As I said before, when I got my Mac Mini a while ago, I'd like to thank this community for making me switch, and helping me get reasons to.