Official "I Switched" Thread

Well I've finally got loads of new apple hardware.

I've got an Apple Keyboard, Apple Mighty Mouse and the 20-inch Apple Cinema Display. And OMG it is sweet!

It's all connected to my Windows XP Pro PC. So now it not only looks like a mac on the inside, it now looks and feels like one on the outside too! ;)

The keyboard's fully functional - I've remapped all the keys so that you type the exact symbol as on the keys. I love how even the volume controls work, and cos I have the 3r-1c volume control software, it shows the apple logo and volume level in the center of the screen just like a mac when you press the volume keys.

I'm using TopDesk for Exposé and I've managed to write a script so that when you squeeze the side buttons on the mighty mouse - it goes all Exposé on ya! Again, just like on a mac. Something that *apparently* you can't do on a PC. ;)

Best computer purchases I've ever made!!! Damn this machine is good now!

If anyone wants the scripts for remapping the keyboard and mighty mouse let me know. I think I can release it as an exe aswell so that people can just install it straight off. :)

Darn good stuff!

Can you send me that script? Im about to buy a M-Mouse ;) and then when *pip* works well whit my graphiccard and network, it's hastalavista XP.

BTW.

Oh sweet I got a new iPod20 back, warranty. I got this "map !" problem. Now Im happy as a 'birthdayparty clown' again =D

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Darn good stuff!

Can you send me that script? Im about to buy a M-Mouse ;) and then when *pip* works well whit my graphiccard and network, it's hastalavista XP.

I've been working on improving the script and I'm going to be releasing it tonight. It will let you choose between having it enabled for just an apple keyboard, just an apple mighty mouse or both so that in your case, it can work with your mouse but not mess up your current PC keyboard.

EDIT: XalKeys is now available: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=28168

I got my PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0 GHz :D

This is so cool! Everything is so fast.

PowerMac G5/Dual 2.0 GHz/512/Superdrive 16x/160 gb/Radeon 9600

And I got a new monitor (Samsung 19" SyncMaster 9300B). Its a lot bigger compared to what I was using before (17")

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am so excited right now I bought my first EVER Mac, here is the bad boy. I can't wait until it arrives, I am still keeping my Windows Desktop but now I can go portable and enjoy the power of the Mac. I am going to have to get use to a new OS also, is it hard to switch? Anyway thought I would share this with you guys, what do you think of it???

Guest chepillin

I got a Mac.

$700 USD

It has 1GB RAM, Integrated video and sound. 2.2Ghz processor. Ethernet and all the fancy peripherals.

Working great, faster than G5, PPC apps and native are a breeze... specially with the triple boot :)

Tiger OS X 10.4.1

Bought this laptop two years ago... ;)

I got a Mac.

$700 USD

It has 1GB RAM, Integrated video and sound. 2.2Ghz processor. Ethernet and all the fancy peripherals.

Working great, faster than G5, PPC apps and native are a breeze... specially with the triple boot :)

Tiger OS X 10.4.1

And this my friend ends your Aqua Soft spamming career. I PMed you and ASKED you not to post about your illegal use of x86 OSX. And you did this on purpose.

You thought you're smart yet you made 2 errors.

1. No recent Mac portable had integrated gfx/video

2. No portable Mac ever reached 2.2Ghz

Conclusion - you're bragging about your frankenstein PC you THINK is a Mac cause you illegally installed Mac OSX x86 on. I aksed you not to do this, yet you did, so bye bye.

Have fun using your "Mac" on another forum.

I got a Mac.

$700 USD

Tiger OS X 10.4.1

Thats not a mac.

Thats a example of how low you are.

The thread says MAC HARDWARE.

Is a old pc laptop MAC HARDWARE?