Object Dock (1. Version) 'genie' Effect

Do you remember the very first version of objectdock (probably years ago).

It had a 'genie effect' *implemented* in the prg.

Anybody knows what happend to the routine? Or a contact to the programmer to reintegrate this early effect in some unofficial beta?

Or has someone a stand-alone 'genie'-prog? i remember some early steps towards by someone this a year or so ago (C++ I think, and another visual basic[?!])

@menge

copyright exists in a piece of work from the moment it is created. it isn't like patents and such that need registering to be valid, copyrights exist without any formal declaration therefore you have a copyright over orbit.

however, from what I remember didn't someone else come up with the idea in this very forum which you then kindly implemented?

Originally posted by Tadis

however, from what I remember didn't someone else come up with the idea in this very forum which you then kindly implemented?

yes. DoubleD (known in the AquaXP forums as Scoobydd) came up with that idea and i implemented (that's why i mentioned him in my post).

but what's pissing me off about this is not the fact that he's implementing that. but the fact that he is:

1) implementing it without consulting (or even commenting)

2) claiming it's his "new" idea (when in fact its DoubleD's!)

3) charging for such concept. which i find ridiculous.

if jeff ever reads this, i'm sorry man, but been there and done that : Orbit Homepage

i think you should reconsider calling it both "new" and "yours". give credit to the original owner of the idea: DoubleD

i'm going to try to get in touch with him about it.

Originally posted by XJOSHATTACKX@Jul 9 2004, 12:06 AM

Stardock is now working on OD+. Check it out  here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

looks nice but I dont wanna imagine how much system resources will require... now ob (simple and clean version) is a system hog, what we can spect with all that (nice) extras effects... :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...