How about this?

Cerebral

ObjectDock is very well done, IMO, but I have a couple of things to suggest adding in the next release. I won't re-hash stuff I've seen other people say, I've just got three things.

1) When, say, a generic app (ie dialog box) pops up and there's a blank icon added to the bar, could that possibly just be replaced with one of those generic 'windows apps' icons (ie a little white box with a toolbar at top)

2) When you right click on a running app in the taskbar and click 'delete item', perhaps that could also kill the app?

3) Similar to the request for a chat "messages missed" indicator, say if you're downloading from some website, could there be a status indicator on the download icon possibly?

Once again, great work on this dock, anxious to see future releases.

--Cere B)

Originally posted by Cerebral@Nov 19 2002, 06:03 PM

ObjectDock is very well done, IMO, but I have a couple of things to suggest adding in the next release.  I won't re-hash stuff I've seen other people say, I've just got three things.

1)  When, say, a generic app (ie dialog box) pops up and there's a blank icon added to the bar, could that possibly just be replaced with one of those generic 'windows apps' icons (ie a little white box with a toolbar at top)

2)  When you right click on a running app in the taskbar and click 'delete item', perhaps that could also kill the app?

3) Similar to the request for a chat "messages missed" indicator, say if you're downloading from some website, could there be a status indicator on the download icon possibly?

Once again, great work on this dock, anxious to see future releases.

--Cere B)

re:

1 -> i've gotten a question mark, that appears by default on unknown apps..

you could replace this PNG with the one you want.

2 -> that's a bug.. you shouldn't be able to do that..

3 -> do you mean. like a progressing icon ?

OS X does this on downloads.. (it's built into IE for X)

the icon of the file you are downloading has a Vert Progress Bar beside it. and it fills as the file is downloaded.

I've only seen this in Linux and BeOS , and now OS X.. OS8/9 didn't, and i don't know if Windows has the AP

I's to do it.. however, that would be quite interesting.

along those lines, dynamic thumbnails would be F**kin AWESOME... in OS X if you minimize a playing movie, you can actually watch it in the dock... (it's small, but still, kewl)

Originally posted by ja450n@Nov 19 2002, 08:02 PM

1 ->  i've gotten a question mark, that appears by default on unknown apps..

you could replace this PNG with the one you want.

2 ->  that's a bug.. you shouldn't be able to do that..

3 ->  do you mean. like a progressing icon ?

OS X does this on downloads.. (it's built into IE for X)

the icon of the file you are downloading has a Vert Progress Bar beside it. and it fills as the file is downloaded.

I've only seen this in Linux and BeOS , and now OS X.. OS8/9 didn't, and i don't know if Windows has the API's to do it.. however, that would be quite interesting.

along those lines, dynamic thumbnails would be F**kin AWESOME...  in OS X if you minimize a playing movie, you can actually watch it in the dock... (it's small, but still, kewl)

1) For example, if you're running Yz Dock and Object Dock at the same time, and pop open Yz configuration window, a blank icon appears in the Object Dock taskbar area and when you right click it it says 'app too generic to set an icon' or something similar.

2) Oh.

3) Yeah, something like that, or even one of those red multipointed stars with a percentage in it (ie 10%) or something.