Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Well, after finding a few fans of the show in another unrelated thread, I thought I would make a thread about it. Just for starters though, i'm new [just made an account yesterday] but i've been a lurker for quite some time. So, hello. :)

Back to the topic at hand... :nerd:

If you haven't heard of the show until this thread, you should definitely check it out. It airs on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim every sunday night at 12:00 am. Then it airs Monday - Thursday at 12:00 - 12:30 am.

I absolutely adore this show and I think it's one of the most hilarious shows on television. Family Guy was my #1 before I stumbled upon this gem.

I just wanted to see if there were some other fans of it here.

If you are, share whom your favorite character is [if you can pick one] and perhaps what your favorite episode(s) is/are?

Here's a link to a fan site about the show....complete with some episode guides and other random information about it: Aqua Teen Central: #2 in the hood, G

i hate that show!!!!! no offense or anything. the humor in it aint right though...just aint funny to me.

eh, family guy is perfect. and so is futurama, but ive already seen all them. btw, did you hear that family guy is going to be back on the air (new ones)?

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is a pretty sweet show, I've seen a ton of episodes. I like there neightbor Carl, he's badass. He paints his above ground swimming pool with racing flames, and he's like "It looks like my pool's tearin' ass around the yard." ....I guess you would have to see it.

Just making the rounds with some comments here.

i'll have to catch this show, never saw it before... i'm currently in the same position as kurt, but we'll see. are those times eastern, pacific, what?

It's both Eastern and Pacific actually. It airs at 12/3 every Mon-Thur + Sundays. So, if you watch it at 12 EST, you can catch it again at 3 EST when we on the PST get to watch it at 12 PST. :blink:

I'm sorry, but nothing beats Family Guy.

It's an amazing show, can't argue that. It's still one of my favorites. But, it's hard to compare the two because, Aqua Teens is a different kind of humor. :D

lol, this is a funny thread cus we all know nothing beets sienfeld

Funny you mention that. I've heard some people compare it to Seinfield in some aspects. I never really got into Seinfield but, from what I did see, I thought it was hilarious.

To each is own. It's definitely worth checking out. It might seem odd at first but, if you keep an open mind, you'll enjoy it. :)

Originally posted by RoyalPain+Jul 5 2004, 10:58 AM-->
QUOTE(RoyalPain @ Jul 5 2004, 10:58 AM)
Aqua Teen Hunger Force #1 in da hood G! What about Harvey Birdman? Comes in tied for first in my book.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah i agree. my favorite character is meatwad, btw.

Alright, well I don't post much but Holy Cow I have to now.

Why do you have to decide what the "best" show is?

Truth is,

ATHF, Futurama, Space Ghost, Beavis and Butthead, Ren and Stimpy, Southpark, Simpsons, King of the Hill, Sealab, etc. all have their place.

I don't really care when people say "I dont like ____" but when you try and make some vague argument that ____ is better than ____ it's pretty retarded.

It's like me saying: "Mexican food is the best food....Italian is crap."

Anyways, aren't we lucky we can watch all of it?

As far as ATHF goes...I love the show, and I do think it is an aquired taste.

I must admit some of the episodes don't hold my attention like others but that's true with most shows. Make sure you watch any eps with the Mooninites/MC Pee Pants (MC Chris) if your looking for some really good examples of how great the show can be. Personally, with the ATHF season 1 dvd out...I'd suggest renting (or buying) it and watching them in order for the full effect.

The show has a lot of the odd "college geek humor" that SGC2C had, so if you have never seen ATHF use Space Ghost as a "your type of humor" measuring stick. And of course, if you like ATHF/SGC2C....chances are you will like Sealab 2021 as well.

Alrighty, well there you have my 3 cents.

P.S. Dailyshow vs ATHF...ATHF is animated way better...except for Lewis Black...who I admit is more animated than Meatwad.

P.P.S. The color blue is way better than a taco.

Originally posted by Zoggynog+Jul 16 2004, 11:02 AM-->
QUOTE(Zoggynog @ Jul 16 2004, 11:02 AM)
Why do you have to decide what the "best" show is?

If you re-read my post, I said that Family Guy was my #1 show before I stumbled upon ATHF. I don't believe I dubbed it the best show on television, rather one of the most hilarious.

Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2004, 11:02 AM

ATHF, Futurama, Space Ghost, Beavis and Butthead, Ren and Stimpy, Southpark, Simpsons, King of the Hill, Sealab, etc. all have their place.

All of the shows listed there are all great. :)