[release] Dashboard Itunes

Dashboard iTunes is a port of yet unaviable iTunes Dashboard widget for Mac OSX Tiger. Since no one knows how Dashboard and iTunes widget work i made my version based on the very few screen shots of the widget. This widget is not pixel perfect cause i had to make graphics from scratch, so please respect my work and do not use the graphics without my permission.

There are few diferences between dTunes and the Mac OSX iTunes Dashboard widget. Gloss is slightly different, the graphical EQs are different due to Samurize and the progress bar is used instead of a "progress dot" since Samurize doesn`t support that kind of meter. This widget is for Samurze and supports comand for both iTunes and WinAmp. Enjoy and please post ur comments and suggestions (both and DevArt and here) :)

Previewm.jpg

Download at DeviantArt

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so please respect my work and use the graphics without my permission.

Hey Un, I think you meant to say Do not use, otherwise you're going to see alot of people using your stuff w/o permission :6

Awesome config, I love it

are u ready to be proud of me. not only am i using this. but this is the first time i have used samorize! i made my self figure it out so i could use this.

now we have to get all the other dashboard items made up ;)

Originally posted by MDZ61384+Jul 2 2004, 01:08 AM-->
QUOTE(MDZ61384 @ Jul 2 2004, 01:08 AM)
simpy beautiful. well done!

is it just me or am I the only one who thinks the LCD would look better 1 or a few pixels up? because of the shadow, it doesn't look centered vertically. thats my only quirk :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

noted and allready fixed for version 2.0 ;)

Originally posted by Keith@Jul 2 2004, 01:54 AM

What do you have to do to get the equalizer/levels dealie in the iTunes widget to move/animate? (not working here)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it works with iTunes. i found that out in a weirdest way. :blink:

what u need to do is enable the samurize plugin in itunes. then click on the visualisation button. u will see a black screen inside iTunes where u should see visualisation.

and everythig works fine (the vis in samurize) untill u minimize itunes

and that`s when i found out that if u minimize iTunes via scroll wheel click (i`ve set an option on my mouse to minimize all windows on scroll wheel click) the iTunes is minimized and the viusals work.

what i found out is that when u minimize iTunes it turns off the visualisation and that`s why the visuals don`t work in sammy (itunes closes the samurize itunes vis plugin) but if i minimize it this way it doesn`t close the vis plugin and it works in samurize. wierd shhhhh i tell ya >.<

what i found out is that when u minimize iTunes it turns off the visualisation and that`s why the visuals don`t work in sammy (itunes closes the samurize itunes vis plugin)

I see...still a cool widget though.

Originally posted by Unbeliever@Jul 1 2004, 07:36 PM

noted and allready fixed for version 2.0 ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome! :D

I've been putting off doing something for samurize for ever...and ever...and ever...but I might just have to set aside time to use it now ;) Thanks for your great work...will be waiting for version 2.0 to come out :)

Originally posted by Unbeliever@Jul 1 2004, 07:06 PM

it works with iTunes. i found that out in a weirdest way.  :blink:

what u need to do is enable the samurize plugin in itunes. then click on the visualisation button. u will see a black screen inside iTunes where u should see visualisation.

and everythig works fine (the vis in samurize) untill u minimize itunes

and that`s when i found out that if u minimize iTunes via scroll wheel click (i`ve set an option on my mouse to minimize all windows on scroll wheel click) the iTunes is minimized and the viusals work.

what i found out is that when u minimize iTunes it turns off the visualisation and that`s why the visuals don`t work in sammy (itunes closes the samurize itunes vis plugin) but if i minimize it this way it doesn`t close the vis plugin and it works in samurize. wierd shhhhh i tell ya >.<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also... If you are using objectdock with the itunes docklet and click "hide" itunes it leaves the plug in running. :) Works great here!