[release] Td Tiger 0.4 *beta*

TD Tiger 0.4

http://screenshots.haque.net/screenshots/v...nshot-16920.png

Download

Theme is real, real, beta guys. Just wanted a taste for the look and feel of Tiger.

If anyone finds more Tiger resources this could be improved. In the next release I think I will go back to the normal Panther caption bars, I don't really like it like this, maybe with another Yz toolbar it would look good, I don't know.

READ THE README!

Version History:

TD Tiger v 0.4

------------

-Beta version using TD 4.02 as a base

~Three Drives

Three Drives on a Vinyl - Greece 2000 (York Remix)

Made in Istanbul, June 30th 2004

Post Edited.

Don't post huge images inline.

Please limit inline images to 500px wide by 375px high

-------------------

Stevie BM

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should be able to get you the resources within 6-8 days.. ;)

Nice looking so far, just a note; Pinstripes aren't gone, some windows have "elongated" Metal title-bar tops that incorporate the Search field and back/forward buttons - but I'm sure that it's impossible to have it do something like that with Visual Styles..

Can't wait to see it finished.. ;)

Edit: If you're basing the blue-cap on the left on the Apple PR image, it's darker than the actually one in the OS (daft Apple).

Originally posted by StefanKa@Jul 1 2004, 07:31 AM

Tiger Screenshots:

http://www.mediamac.dk/index.php/news/show/id=11537

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=520

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guys thank you all for the quick responses.

Some updates: a few people have offered to help with resources, so this should get going pretty quickly.

I did find a screenie with the proper blue apple colour, mine indeed was from the Apple PR shot, and is too dark.

I'm also going to change the windows back to standard Panther style, I.e. not the single colour they are now.

A version with these 2 (and maybe more) fixes will be uploaded tonight.

As you know we cannot differentiate between titlebars in XP. It's either Panther style throughout or this single colour style throughout.

What are people's opinions?

~TD

Originally posted by Lou@Jul 1 2004, 08:25 AM

If you wanted to, you could always have two substyles, one with panthery titlebars and one with the same color as you mentioned.  just a thought.

// Lou

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea this is probably what will happen.

~TD

its wierd, at first i didn't like it, the tittlebar. but after using it for an hour i really liked it. it just needs to be a little more detailed. right now it looks like one solid color, it should be like 2 shades of gray going up i think.

i think it would be a crime to go back to panther toolbars. u should just try to get the ones u have now right.

but if u do decid to go with both. work on the tiger tittlebars some more.

As promised new version is up.

-Brighter taskbar

-Correct colour and spacing of blue apple.

-Standard panther style captionbars.

-Tiger style menu highlights.

-Open up msn/trillian and wait for a message for a surprise.

Enjoy and give some good feedback, where should we / apple go with this GUI?

Download

~TD

Originally posted by grim53@Jul 1 2004, 10:09 PM

i think tiger needs to be more glossy, like the start bar.everything should sort of match the start bar. it clashes too much with the panther elements. it almost looks like a vector.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everything shouldn't match the start bar.If you look at the tiger screenies you'll see that only the menu bar theme has changed,everything else stayed the same as Panther,so this theme is great.if you want everything to look like the start bar,use the SmoothStripes theme and not this one.Good job,TD.

Although,I think that the color blue on the start bar should match the background color on the start menu.

And,it would be nice if you cover the AM/PM area (next to the clock) blue.

Originally posted by popsandthefamily@Jul 2 2004, 01:54 AM

well it isnt working great for me at all but i realise that it is in beta and i think you did a great job!

the fonts on the taskbar look grainy and not at all smooth like lucida

and the minimise, close and maximise buttons are different sizes

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is beta but it should look exactly like in the preview shot on the devart page.

1. Install all fonts as instructed in the readme.

2. Enable cleartype.

3. Make sure font size is normal in appearances.

Text should not be grainy, and glyphs should be normal.

~TD