AveForceQuit

A small force quit clone

Screenshots

afq.jpg

Default Panther style.

afq2.jpg

Brushed style.

Notes

Just wanted to have a reason to try to make a pulsing button.

Instead of enumerating the running processes, what I tried first, the top level windows are now listed.

Kudos to

Pe7er, Duckie, Magbi9 and ThePowderRanger for the graphics.

Download

http://mpj.tomaatnet.nl/ForceQuit.zip

PS. Need a good icon for it :rolleyes: Anyone?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Felix: eeehmmm, force apps to quit? :D

I am actually working on a taskmanager replacement in AveApps style, mainly to get myself known in the world of the Performance Data Helper API. There are some ugly language differences tho.

For security reasons, CTRL+ALT+DEL cannot be overridden in NT systems. Maybe you can replace %systemroot/%/taskmrg.exe, but I do not recomment that.

My keyboard is the Logitech Elite Keyboard, that keyboard is for Mac and Windows.

So they have the little mac icons and such on the keys. So that app wound be wonderful Juno! that way I could set this app to load on the exact key's that they load on the Mac

this means that I will now do Mac keyboard shourt cuts.

750.gif

Originally posted by babypapichulo@May 31 2004, 09:16 PM

My keyboard is the Logitech Elite Keyboard, that keyboard is for Mac and Windows.

So they have the little mac icons and such on the keys. So that app wound be wonderful Juno! that way I could set this app to load on the exact key's that they load on the Mac

this means that I will now do Mac keyboard shourt cuts.

750.gif

:woot: I have same keyboard. Wonderful Job AndreasV, Pe7er, Duckie, Magbi9 and ThePowderRanger. Keep up the great work guys

-Kite ^_^

:blink: Where did this one come from? Your a machine Ave.

This is as always very nice but I must point out that the colours of the button are slightly out at the high contrast point (i.e. less range in the pulse). The pulse is pretty much spot on :D.

Ave!

You should talk with iFido!

His e-mail is [email protected]

Why you ask? Well he is working on a Contorl+Alt+Delete replacement.

No it's not a task manager like yours! :lol:

Instead what his app does is it replaces taskmanager somehow with a new menu. When you press Contorl+Alt+Delete, a menu pops up. From there you can call upon Taskmanager, Reboot, or canel the menu. Maybe you and him could talk so he can also add your app to that menu's list (since it isn't configerable >.;)

Good luck on what ever happens.

This app is great! And about iFido's app it's in Alpha and I tested it and it worked. So he'll hopefully reach beta by Saturday. :naughty: