[re-release]milk Vertical Widget

Tadis

Due to popular demand, here is the updated Milk Vertical Widget:

Preview.jpg

The widget has been updated to Samurize 1.50 standard. The media widget currently only works for winamp, but I'm also working on a foobar implementation (80% done).

Full instructions are contained within the zip file. ;)

Download

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ZiRE+May 17 2004, 03:22 PM-->
QUOTE(ZiRE @ May 17 2004, 03:22 PM)
looks very nice :) but i can't get this to work i got a runtime error executing the install script  :( anyone an idea ?

Can you give me more info on the error? preferably a screenshot.

Edit:

Originally posted by Tadis+-->
QUOTE(Tadis)
1) You need to edit the config and change the net meters for your own setup (they differ from computer to computer).

Well, I guess. I even know I need to change Path=\RAS Port(ISDN12-0)\Bytes Transmitted/Sec and Path=\RAS Port(ISDN12-0)\Bytes Received/Sec, but I got no idea what should I change it to.

Edit:

Nevermind, played a little bit with the script and got it working perfectly. Thanks, Tadis! ^_^

OK, this error is caused by the thumbs.db file that is automatically generated by your computer (basically it won't let a script overwrite a system file...don't ask me why).

What you need to do is delete the existing widget as it was copied into your sam folder, then redownload the widget, this time making sure not to preview the images (so as to avoid generating the thumbs.db file).

Either that or manually delete the db files in the source and destination folders.

Got a problem with the installation...

Ok, when i try to run the installation.vbs, it wants me to select the samurize folder, coz it can't find it itself. when i do so and hit "ok" it tells me, that this is not the default samurize folder and exits...

any suggestions?!

Originally posted by d3kay+-->
QUOTE(d3kay)
Ok, when i try to run the installation.vbs, it wants me to select the samurize folder, coz it can't find it itself. when i do so and hit "ok" it tells me, that this is not the default samurize folder and exits...

The way that the installer works is to look for the location of your samurize folder in the windows registry, if the location is not listed in the samurize section of the registry then it asks you to find the location (which it seems is what happened to you), then when you select a location, it searches for client.exe in your chosen folder, if it can't find the executable, then it exits.

I'd try and reinstall Samurize first and then try to reinstall the widget, the reg key HCKU\Software\Serious Samurize is set by the Sam installer and is used also by my installation script.

Originally posted by FatAxl@

Any chance of getting a version to use with iTunes ?? I use that the most and would love to be able to use it with the Milk Vert.

As you most likely know, iTunes doesn't exactly have an impressive list of plugins available, but I'm looking into a few things ;)

works like a charm.

By the way, I've seen your media controller on samurize.com and tried it.

It seems (to me) that the script use the refresh.vbs to change the name of the config file in the registry and the restartmediacontroller.vbs to change the .infi file, but I do not see reference to the second script anywhere, so I've to click on the restartmediacontroller.vbs file to change between config files. Is it what it is supposed to be ??

thanks for the effort :D