[link] PearPC - Os X On X86?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pearpeeler is a gui for editing the config file...makes it real easy and less likely to mess up.

there are 2 of them out there. peargui and pearpeeler. so far I haven't gotten peargui to work (requires vb6 runtime libraries...which I have...but I still get an error, odd), but pearpeeler works great for me.

http://www.freewebs.com/peargui/ <- peargui

http://updates.luckyy.com/ <- pearpeeler

good luck. hopefully you don't have a power outage like I did and have to redo the whole damn thing again

This is really giving me a warm fuzzy feeling inside, wait :fart: , oh wait that was it.

But, seriously, this is so cool. I wish I could experience it myself. But with a 56K modem, and 500MHz PIII, it would probably take 3 months to install OSX. Well, I am glad you guys got it working.

Originally posted by AndreasV@May 23 2004, 12:38 AM-->
QUOTE(AndreasV @ May 23 2004, 12:38 AM)
uncomment this line

<!--QuoteEBegin
[b]

in the config. I had the same prob too.

*** likes your new avatar  :woot:

uncomment? What does that mean? Delete the line or just remove the "#"? Sorry for that, I dont understand english perfectly...

Originally posted by es.xxi@May 23 2004, 12:20 AM

Hehe lookie at all the Panther pirating.. ;)

P2P networks must be packed! Good luck everyone running your (slow) Mac OS X. :lol:

I hear there are a ton of people hopping on the Panther torrent over at this certain site...

Please tell me:

1: Does PearPC work with a P3 733 system??

2: I know nothing about this emulator. Where can I find a good tut for a totally beeginer like me. I have the win32 version of the appl. I have OSX 10,3 IN CD-s both win and mac formatted versions, but I DO NOT KNOW what to do next.

Please help!!!!

Originally posted by aquarius2003@May 23 2004, 11:02 AM

Please tell me:

1: Does PearPC  work with a P3 733  system??

2: I know nothing about this emulator. Where can I find a good tut for a totally beeginer like me. I have the win32 version of the appl. I have OSX 10,3 IN CD-s both win and mac formatted versions, but I DO NOT KNOW what to do next.

Please help!!!!

Answers:

1) It definitely does though you can expect a 10 hours install :P (I did in 4 hours on my 2.4Ghz)

2) Start by downloading the 6 gig image and use the jitc version for windows. For OSX, definitely use the mac-formatted versions. For what to do next, browse this thread, guides are lying on like every page :smartass:

Originally posted by ibanezcollector+May 23 2004, 12:54 AM-->
QUOTE(ibanezcollector @ May 23 2004, 12:54 AM)
thats what I thought keith it will stop

read down furthur in that thread it will tell you where to type phdisk

I'm already past the pdisk stuff... ;)

Anyway, thx, I found this in the thread:

Keith,

I'm not sure what you mean in the last part of your post, but the screenshot suggests that you are installing alright.

You can just exit the installation after that part, when it asks for the second CD.