[release] Itunes 4.5

Thanks for the heads up. I would never have known if there was an update as 4.2 says that 4.2 is the latest version when u run the check for updates <_<

I see that you have to download the entire app once again just to update :rant: when will they learn that adding a upgrade feature isnt a bad thing. Downloading 20megs on a 56k connection everytime is a pain in my :moon: .

Luckily its worth the waite but its still not the point....

not sure if any of you care, but i'm going on record and saying that the new print features in iTunes are unreal! printing my collection by album, genre, year, or whatever is just the coolest thing i can think of. not sure what i'll use it for. but man is it cool. :) i have over 10 thousand songs in my library, and this give me a a very nice way of creating a hard copy backup of what's in it.

Originally posted by 3lvis@Apr 28 2004, 08:26 AM

I do :6 But itunes sucks imho. go foobar :rock:

That's nice but, the part about iTunes sucks, yeah, that could have been left out. That's nice that you have your own opinion, but you don't see Mac users coming here to say that Windows sucks and how Mac's are superior. We do that ourselves. :P

Originally posted by Anarchi5t@Apr 28 2004, 04:55 AM

The MultiPlugin worked for me except for the titlebar which only gets half skinned if you offset the titlebar but if you dont it appears fine.... Maybe Apple done this on purpose :lol:

Mini-mode skins fine though. I hope mPlugin .6 comes out to fix the full-mode problem.

I also noticed that iTunes no longer uses the GearSec service, which is another plus in my book! Less processes to run! :lol:

Can't wait to try importing to lossless format.

aashis13, I upgraded iTunes to 4.5 and it preserved all my playlists and my library settings.

Originally posted by mentaleruptions@Apr 28 2004, 10:35 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  I would never have known if there was an update as 4.2 says that 4.2 is the latest version when u run the check for updates  <_<

I see that you have to download the entire app once again just to update  :rant: when will they learn that adding a upgrade feature isnt a bad thing.  Downloading 20megs on a 56k connection everytime is a pain in my  :moon: .

Luckily its worth the waite but its still not the point....

i totally agree.

im on a 56k.. i dont want t owait and hour for iTunes to download..

one of the things that i kinda got excited aobut in this release was they gave it to both the mac AND win market at the same time. i'm not saying we'll see and osx for wintel boxes this december. but it does give me "hope" that maybe other apps might be ported or that apple is at least interested in the windows market :)

just a though.