[ann] Kdx Aqua Emulation Server ** Open **

Any suggestions for a 'server up / down' notification thing?

Grim suggested a thread or just me modding my sig with "server up / down" indicator.

I'm interested in how the thread thing would work, cause changing my sig every time would be a pain.

BTW, it's up now.

im sure one of the clever script writers here could write some sort of script to change a avatar or sig by randomly trying to connect to the server..

Then its just a matter of us KDX junkies to put that script in our signatures..

by the way im stealing your signature so I can help promote the server. :canadian: :canadian: :canadian:

oh and :6

i think a thread would be easy enough, we could just post it on the thread everyone has linked in there sig(the trd.net thread),

if some one see's that its down, simply post it. same when its back up. that way no one person has to be responciple for it.

Aqua-net is coming. *hooray*

A 24/7 network of aqua emulation file servers covering individual aqua archives such as the Yamato Machi server, as well as community emulation websites / archives.

With upwards of three or four aqua servers participating in the network, there will be essentially zero downtime and substantial file redundancy ensuring seamless aqua accessibility.

Of course all content is free on all servers, and we can assume in excess of 15gb total aqua files, not to mention three or four chat-rooms, so when one server goes offline, chat can migrate without a hitch.

I won't reveal the identities of the other server admins at this point, but suffice it to say that once established, Aqua-net will be an impressive community line-up.

Any others interested in joining the network don't hesitate to drop a line.

Originally posted by ji eun@May 8 2004, 05:20 PM

Aqua-net is coming.  *hooray*

A 24/7 network of aqua emulation file servers covering individual aqua archives such as the Yamato Machi server, as well as community emulation websites / archives.

With upwards of three or four aqua servers participating in the network, there will be essentially zero downtime and substantial file redundancy ensuring seamless aqua accessibility.

Of course all content is free on all servers, and we can assume in excess of 15gb total aqua files, not to mention three or four chat-rooms, so when one server goes offline, chat can migrate without a hitch. 

I won't reveal the identities of the other server admins at this point, but suffice it to say that once established, Aqua-net will be an impressive community line-up.

Any others interested in joining the network don't hesitate to drop a line.

It's a great news buddy ^_^

Question to Ji Eun- what is the name of the skin that you used in the first page for the screenshots? Currently, I have a really bad one, which looks nothing like Aqua. What's the name of that one, so I can download it off KDX?

Also, a suggestion for the server- put a text file in every folder giving a short summary of what the app/vs/wallpaper/screensaver/icons/otherstuff is/does/looks like. I don't want to download a 2 MB file only to find out that it is nothing like what I want. I would rather download a 5 KB text file that gives a short summary of what it is I'm downloading, and, if it exists, a link to a website (or topic thread) with more info.

I wouldn't mind writing up some of the stuff, actually. So, I guess I could become a kind of co-admin. I would also encourage people to make their own summary and include it in whatever they're uploading. Just a friendly suggestion :D

-nightcrawler1089

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, that's impossible. However, at 15k/s download speed, file transfer is pretty speedy, so no problem to just download the entire wallpaper folder, or subfolders of it, adn delete your doubles. JoshAttack downloaded basically the entire folder structure I think, nearly 4gb :D

And don't forget to check kdxsector.com for more info on KDX. There's *lot's* more exploring to do.

• 2 months later...

zilla's comp has troubles and his server is down. i don't know about bolero and ave, but me and simon are most of the time. check the aqua-net tracker to see who's up or down.

on my server, look for the folder called "GUI" in the default File Browser screen. 4gb of aqua stuff in there.