[request/idea] Samurize Apple Menu

Enhanced

Hey i was wondering if anybody has created or has even thought of making a samurize apple menu? I do not own objectbar and i do not do warez and i wanted an apple menu on my desktop. Anyone up for making one?

hehe, It may or may not be a challenge, but i want to see if it can be done :lol:

Originally posted by wizard@Apr 21 2004, 08:58 PM

Isn't there a size (h x w) limit for each script/widget? I thought I read that in a previous Readme for Samurize. But then again, it was a long time ago.

It's still there but maybe it works with something thin as a taskbar but streched over the whole screen, but could cause problems with high resolutions..

ok back from the test labs :lol:

it's possible to have a finder bar png over the whole screen. so here's what i did, first i made a screen of my desk cut only the finder bar out save it as a png, make a new config and add the image. it works very well and don't needs much resources. to have menus and stuff i gues you have to use some vb scripts but things like time and date could be done easily in samurize you just need a blank finder bar.

Originally posted by derek@Apr 21 2004, 09:25 PM

the scripts are not so difficult these are basicly the sames that i used for tabs  ;)

i could make it if you tell me how many folder and sub-folder the taskbar get.

Well i'm trying to rebuild the finder bar in samurize, currently looks quite nice. I'm using screens of the object bar themes that crni created)

For the menus, i would say 8 main menus (apple, finder, file, edit, view, go, window, help)

i can make a template and complete after with all sub menu ;)

i'll try to make it.

but you should name the config like that:

Obar.ini for the blank bar all menu closed

apple.ini for the apple menu opened

edit.ini for the edit menu opened

etc....

so it makes 9 config for the moment :lol:

it could be an easy way to do it but for the moment is the only that i see :rolleyes:

I like that you started with Jetblack ;)

However you have to remember, that Samurize doesn't like too many VB scripts around. I don't say that the finder bar is impossible. I say that maybe it would be better to wait for the API to be completed. When we have it we won't need no stupid freezing VB scripts :)

Originally posted by Pe7er@Apr 21 2004, 10:09 PM

I like that you started with Jetblack ;)

However you have to remember, that Samurize doesn't like too many VB scripts around. I don't say that the finder bar is impossible. I say that maybe it would be better to wait for the API to be completed. When we have it we won't need no stupid freezing VB scripts :)

Just love the theme ;)

here is the direct link to the clSamurizeMenu Script click and here a screen