[release] Looca

Originally posted by Hybrid Rainbow@Apr 23 2004, 05:24 PM

Question... in the right click menu there's an option that says "Label"... it's inactive but is that mean that is goona be implemented in the future?  :blink: cause that'll be awesome

That will be a long, long, long way...

Actually it's just there for.. um... for nothing :lol:

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by thecat2000@Apr 23 2004, 05:26 PM

hmm still no 'sort by Type' on the context menu ? - think you should really add this one if anyone is like me I hate having my file types all dissarranged !  :P  :naughty:

agree...

plus, I've noticed that when you move the links the icons doesn't, so you can have the pictures links, displaying the music icon, for example.

should I deleted the old looca version? or put this in the old folder?

it's great... :D :woot:

but there's a thing change...

in version 1.55 -->right click on the file will display the windows normal menu...

(so i can extract my zip or rar files by right click menu)

in version 1.7 -->the right click menu is diffenent...have to open the rar first, then extract it...feel a little unconvenient...

great work anyway.. :naughty:

thank you ve~~~~ry much

Originally posted by thy@Apr 23 2004, 06:19 PM

it's great... :D  :woot:

but there's a thing change...

in version 1.55 -->right click on the file will display the windows normal menu...

(so i can extract my zip or rar files by right click menu)

in version 1.7 -->the right click menu is diffenent...have to open the rar first, then extract it...feel a little unconvenient...

great work anyway..  :naughty:

thank you ve~~~~ry much

you read my mind, I was gonna say the same thing :rolleyes:

well it would be great if the zip files will have their own options (like "extract to here...", etc) and the same for rar files.

very nice. love the new shortcut options. I am with everyone else about the zip extraction. Definitely miss the old menu. I think with as many zip files as we dowload and extract here at A-S it would be really nice not to have to open win rar every time. Not that big of a deal though! Still really great!

Oh and that column browsing demo is unreal. Finder is almost here.

Now, if only I could find some skins ;)

good work! ^_^

this is the first version of Looca i`m using without major bugs.

here`s what i`ve found so far:

Search is is weird and apparently not working. When i type the window blinks but nothing happens. and i`ve set to search other than go to location.

Having first 8 icons defined by Looca is crap. I have 3 HDs and i wanted to put one above the separator but it messes the icon (i know you can set it later manually) but it`s crap and looks very wierd. Try making an shortcut in the left panel and pushing it up past the separator and u`ll know what i mean ;)

Start speed is very good, and so is browsing. Good job!

I hate the menus (sorry but i do). The reason i`m still using NexPlorer is it`s "normal" win menus.

I`d like the third button in the view list to be thumbnails. It`s annoying to go to the options each time i want to view pic in some of my Pictures folders. NexPlorer has this solved better.

That`s is for now :)

Keep up the good work, in the meantime, i`m keeping my eye on Looca ;)

Originally posted by Unbeliever@Apr 23 2004, 04:07 PM

Search is is weird and apparently not working. When i type the window blinks but nothing happens. and i`ve set to search other than go to location.

Having first 8 icons defined by Looca is crap. I have 3 HDs and i wanted to put one above the separator but it messes the icon (i know you can set it later manually) but it`s crap and looks very wierd. Try making an shortcut in the left panel and pushing it  up past the separator and u`ll know what i mean ;)

when you search you have to put *search whatever* otherwise it wont search

I beleive that he left the icons that way because of previous skins maybe? I dunno. It would work better to be able to select all on your own. The skinner could just include the icons to be dropped into the "icons" folder and be done with it. As far as the menus, the original right click on an item was perfect.. what needed to be fixed was the right click on a blank space. It would be nice to have paste and sort in that menu. Other than that the previous looca menu system was great. I am really digging the new version though. Adding new shortcuts is simple. A few tweaks and when he ads column browsing and we have our perfect finder!

Keep up the great work!

~bzeitler

Skin switching is much nicer now! Don't have to restart! nice

Originally posted by dub nation@Apr 24 2004, 05:33 PM

I am relatively new. I am currious to give Looca a try. Could someone please tell me where the finder folder goes?

Thank You

it doesnt matter. Just unzip it anywhere then open it and click on looca.exe inside the folder. You will have to setp up the shortcuts once you open it. Let me know if you need help ;)