Liebermann Pc's

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"PuRam" is their own copyright name for the ramdisk technology that they are using. It is a new company and a new name so of course you don't see it in google yet.

But ramdisk technology has been around a long time and has been used by Apple since the early days of the classic mac.

And if they are a scam, they wouldn't have been sending news about their multi-screen monitors to prestigious companies including Forbes Magazine

Or how about one of their partners True LaunchBar here and take a look at their sidenote on "Our Partner"

They have partnered with a Taiwan Professional OEM/ODM notebook manufacturer (Clevo Computer Company) whose notebooks are also being used by Sager and Hypersonic to name a couple. The Hollywood uses the same Clevo body but the cover has been created specifically by Clevo for Liebermann.

Originally posted by mgehrett@Sep 25 2003, 01:59 AM

okay - check this out... if they aren't phoney they are thieves...

unless Jairo sold them his icon (i wouldn't blame him for selling his work). but then why would they modify it???

this is outta control...

--mgehrett--

I'm gonna be busting through their door,... coolpix 950 in 1 hand.

Originally posted by mgehrett@Sep 25 2003, 08:59 AM

okay - check this out... if they aren't phoney they are thieves...

unless Jairo sold them his icon (i wouldn't blame him for selling his work). but then why would they modify it???

this is outta control...

--mgehrett--

Not Jairo's work at all. Jairo shaded and highlighted the object differently.

Look closely before you pass judgement man. Jairo doesn't even have the yellow flag on the left of the arrow.

That icon was actually derived from Microsoft's box design itself as you can see below.

RAMDISKS are basically when you use RAM as a "harddrive". Most OSs can do this. Whats the advantage? RAM is 100x faster than a harddrive, so everthing is super speedy

Considering machines can now have 4-8GB of RAM in them on the cheap, these are becoming verry nice things.

The problem is that RAM is volital. It doesnt store things without power, so you still need an actual harddrive.

Originally posted by contrasutra@Sep 28 2003, 12:11 PM

RAMDISKS are basically when you use RAM as a "harddrive". Most OSs can do this. Whats the advantage? RAM is 100x faster than a harddrive, so everthing is super speedy

Considering machines can now have 4-8GB of RAM in them on the cheap, these are becoming verry nice things.

The problem is that RAM is volital. It doesnt store things without power, so you still need an actual harddrive.

most ram is Volital..

there is a new MRam, that is being developed. and should be out in 2005..

that is not volital..

it's supposed to be a god-send to linux users..

what you'll be able to do, is turn off the PC.. and then turn it back on. to the same spot.. (like a TV, no boot time)

"Volatile"

Main Entry: 1vol·a·tile

Pronunciation: 'vä-l&-t&l, esp British -"tIl

Function: adjective

Etymology: French, from Latin volatilis, from volare to fly

Date: 1605

1 : readily vaporizable at a relatively low temperature

2 : flying or having the power to fly

3 a : LIGHTHEARTED, LIVELY b : easily aroused c : tending to erupt into violence : EXPLOSIVE

4 a : unable to hold the attention fixed because of an inherent lightness or fickleness of disposition b : characterized by or subject to rapid or unexpected change

5 : difficult to capture or hold permanently : EVANESCENT, TRANSITORY

GB: Must you be so condescending? So I can't spell.

Ludge:

[[email protected] ben]#hdparm -Tt /dev/hda

/dev/hda:

Timing buffer-cache reads: 1609.05 MB in  2.01 seconds = 800.5 MB/sec

Timing buffered disk reads:  135.45 MB in  3.01 seconds =  45.01 MB/sec

[[email protected] ben]#

I can do 45MB a second on my drive. So you could probably load the whole OS and programs in like 15 seconds.

No man, you can spell better than most people I know and I also know that you are almost always careful about your posts. But we're all human and none of us can spell everything correctly. I just pointed it out so others don't get confused. Look, you only mispelled it once but j450n probably thought that was the correct spelling and spelled it the same way twice.

Oh and the dictionary thing, I just got lazy and did the copy/paste thing from Websters.

Our Mistake the company is real and one of the members of L computers posted somthing on aquaxp this is what he/she said

Liebermann Inc. began doing business with the general public on Monday, September, 22nd, 2003, and since that time we have experienced both the good and the bad capabilities of the Web. Most individuals and organization contacting us have applauded our products and business philosophy. A few others have chosen to attack our credibility and our systems.

To those who applaud us, we’ll be honored to be chosen as your next provider of high quality windows based computer hardware and display products, and hope that by exploring our product’s exceptional capabilities, we can help you in accomplishing your computing tasks faster, better and with greater productivity than ever before, while becoming as successful as we intend to be.

For those who believe that personal and corporate attacks are appropriate, we would recommend researching two words: Liable and Slander.

Any that individuals and organizations identified as actively involved and directly or indirectly responsible for propagation of such actions, as some already identified in this forum and in others, will face severe legal procedures to the full extent of the laws governing these matters, as our legal department has a complete understanding of the two words mentioned above, and the laws that protect both individuals and corporations alike.

Thank you for your continuing interest and support.

Liebermann Inc.

so i would stop talking about how fake they are :shy: