Entourage (for the real Mac Users)

Access

FrontPage

Publisher

Project

Visio (Diagrams)

InfoPath (Forms)

OneNote ('Stickies' meets a Window) :blink:

Any and all ideas, comments, and suggestions will be appreciated.

P.S. (To be completely honest, I have no idea where to start.)

Originally posted by AquaKid3D@Mar 8 2004, 08:28 PM

I've decided to make some Microsoft Office 2003 Icons. These icons include:

Word

Excel

PowerPoint

Outlook

Entourage (for the real Mac Users)

Access

FrontPage

Publisher

Project

Visio (Diagrams)

InfoPath (Forms)

OneNote ('Stickies' meets a Window) :blink:

Any and all ideas, comments, and suggestions will be appreciated.

P.S. (To be completely honest, I have no idea where to start.)

wow...you be very talented artist make so many icons...very fine

where to download? link plz :D :bounce:

wow wow wow office icons...me like :D :D :D:D:D

tutorial??????? how me make icon? :canadian:

Originally posted by Sid@Mar 9 2004, 05:21 PM

where to download? link plz :D  :bounce:

wow wow wow office icons...me like :D :D  :D  :D  :D

medic....

MEDIC!!!!

Originally posted by Sid@Mar 9 2004, 03:21 AM

where to download? link plz :D  :bounce:

wow wow wow office icons...me like :D :D  :D  :D  :D

You're such an asshole Sid.

anyway!

I'm looking to build a rocket engine. Perferrebly one that can break the earth's gravitational pull. I'm looking for ideas on where to start. I've never made an engine before, but I think I could make a damn good rocket engine, and hopefully sell the schmatics to boeing.

Thanks for any suggestions!

As for the icons, i'd use mspaint.exe it r good

Originally posted by Deleted@Mar 9 2004, 08:07 AM

You're such an asshole Sid.

anyway!

I'm looking to build a rocket engine. Perferrebly one that can break the earth's gravitational pull. I'm looking for ideas on where to start. I've never made an engine before, but I think I could make a damn good rocket engine, and hopefully sell the schmatics to boeing.

well i wasn't planning on making a rocket engine, but a better fighter jet, maybe we could make a fighter jet with a rocket engine!!!11one

yeah, thats it!

-Lou

Originally posted by Lou@Mar 9 2004, 02:55 PM

well i wasn't planning on making a rocket engine, but a better fighter jet, maybe we could make a fighter jet with a rocket engine!!!11one

yeah, thats it!

-Lou

muahahahahahah

-bunkka :canadian:

Originally posted by Deleted+Mar 9 2004, 06:07 AM-->
QUOTE(Deleted @ Mar 9 2004, 06:07 AM)

<_< Oh, nobody thinks the mere 14-Year-Old can make a good icon set... <_<

I kinda guessed nobody would take me seriously. Why do I even bother?

Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2004, 06:07 AM

That's not funny.

The thing is, there are a million tutorials and such for the graphics softwares. Go spend some quality time with PS and some of the tutorials, show the results to your friends, ask for advice from some additional friends, and keep working, man. You gotta be kidding starting a thread like this, Aquakid. Don't get all huffy when people take the piss. And being 14 has nothing to do with nothing. Keith is 14 and his avatars, for example, are gold, baby, gold. Now he's doing cool wallpapers, too. Don't wonder how he does it, practice and do it yourself. :)

My two cents on this !!

I noticed this attitude lately !! :( what's wrong guys ?:rant: the guy asks for a hand so he gets the piss taken out of him ? why ? I mean it doesnt matter how old of a member or how big of a moderator you are, this is wrong !! I miss the days when everybody in the forum would offer a hand or a piece of advice to those who need it !!:(

Cheerz :(

Originally posted by genuine143@Mar 10 2004, 03:13 PM

My two cents on this !!

I noticed this attitude lately !!  :(  what's wrong guys ?:rant: the guy asks for a hand so he gets the piss taken out of him ? why ? I mean it doesnt matter how old of a member or how big of a moderator you are,  this is wrong !! I miss the days when everybody in the forum would offer a hand or a piece of advice to those who need it !!:(

Cheerz :(

Weird, I remember the same kind of atmosphere here last October. When you joined.

All what I am trying to say is this is supposed to be a community !! and what do people in communities do ? HELP each other !! ;)

AquaKid3D dont let comments affect you, man .. rock on ..

By the way LoofyGun I had loadsa help of people in the forum a while ago just to name one, off my head Grim !! :D

Cheerz :naughty:

@Aquakid

I'd start off as Ji Eun said and learn to work a good graphics program like photoshop, once you're happy with your skills in photoshop i'd personally use Icon Workshop from Axialis to make your icons. ACtually I'd make the icon in photoshop and then use the icon workshop import feature to transfer your work.

Here are some tutorials to help you get started:

The Web Machine

phong tutorials

If you need any help, or if you have any questions. let me know ;)

Yes, icon making is an art form, like painting or writing a musical composition. As you learn the specific type of program that you want to do your graphic work in, you gain your own style. Take a look at a few of the iconist that are out there right now. Jyrik and Jairo. Both of them have their own way that they create their highlights and the base image for their icon. You can't just jump right into building a 10 story mansion from scratch, you need to learn about the foundation, contracting, building materials, the whole area. And then you'll be ready to make great icons.

Best of journys my dear artist pursuing friend.

i know what is wrong. what is wrong is when someone is making tons of icons, but they say that they dont know where to start. a better question to ask is..."could anyone give me any tutorial sites? i want to make some icons" not "i have decided to make icons, how do i do it?"

-lou

Whatever....

This AquaKid's post was so ****ing arrogant. Like oh I'm making so many ****ing icons and after that he puts 'I have no ****ing idea where to start'.

A much better post would be 'How do I learn how to make icons?'.

So in this case I will flame him.... <_< :6

Originally posted by Sid@Mar 10 2004, 01:10 PM

Whatever....

This AquaKid's post was so ****ing arrogant. Like oh I'm making so many ****ing icons and after that he puts 'I have no ****ing idea where to start'.

A much better post would be 'How do I learn how to make icons?'.

So in this case I will flame him.... <_<  :6

exactly ;)

-Lou

Originally posted by Lou@Mar 10 2004, 08:00 AM

i know what is wrong.  what is wrong is when someone is making tons of icons, but they say that they dont know where to start.

You actually think it is WRONG to have the desire of making icons without having the knowledge of making them.

How many times have you wanted to do things that you don't know how to do?

"Could anyone give me any tutorial sites? I want to make some icons."

"I have decided to make icons, how do I do it?"

The kid might not be knowledgable enough to ask for tutorial sites, just like you don't know where to begin to build a rocket.

Also you guys seem to be thrown off by the amount of icons he claims to make. It was 12 icons he wants to make. Maybe you guys should specify the number of icons people are allowed to claim in order not to anger you guys.

dude, he said he IS making them but he wants to know HOW. i dont have a problem with him making them, but it is the fact that he said he was going to make them, then he asks how to make them. its all in the ORDER. agree or disagree?

"i am making icons. how do i do make icons?"

"how do i make icons? i want to make icons."

which one sounds better? c'mon man...get real...

-Lou