Samurize.com-no Future?

wookietv

move is over for the website , I just finished the transfer and adjustements ;)

website content is tho form the 27 so one day and a half of forums posts and registrations lost, but it isnt that big of a problem :)

you guys can already tweak your HOST file if you want to use the new server with the ip 66.54.81.54

(so the entry would look like

66.54.81.54 www.samurize.com

in your HOST file (windows/system32/drivers/etc/) )

but the DNS change should be active by monday or tuesday

Originally posted by Unbeliever@Feb 29 2004, 03:42 PM

don`t mean to be rude, but StarDock?

They`re a great company and they gave us many great progs i use daily (OD, IP etc.) but isn`t Samurize in a way (not fully) competing with DX?

Anyway, THANKS StarDock ;)

well you're not rude, the question came up a lot of time,

but no were not competiting with DX, we do not intend to be a shell replacement at all or to change windows GUI, samurize is just adding stuff to the desktop with some graphical possibilities that will probably never be as complete as DX is, samurize is all about scripts and info were this is just a minimal part of DX .

We asked them to help us and they did very generously so once again thanks to stardock for all ;)

Originally posted by Alderaic@Feb 29 2004, 03:03 AM

you guys can already tweak your HOST file if you want to use the new server with the ip 66.54.81.54

(so the entry would look like

66.54.81.54 www.samurize.com

in your HOST file (windows/system32/drivers/etc/)  )

but the DNS change should be active by monday or tuesday

i'm sorry, i don't know what this means... can someone help me out?

Originally posted by Alderaic@Feb 29 2004, 06:15 PM

well you're not rude, the question came up a lot of time,

but no were not competiting with DX, we do not intend to be a shell replacement at all or to change windows GUI, samurize is just adding stuff to the desktop with some graphical possibilities that will probably never be as complete as DX is, samurize is all about scripts and info were this is just a minimal part of DX .

We asked them to help us and they did very generously so once again thanks to stardock for all ;)

okie

thanks for clearing it up

i know Samurize is not competing with DX but, as paranoid i am, i was wondering why would a big guy help the little one :)

in either case, thanks again StarDock

now i`m waiting to DNS to be refreshed so i could go into the forums.