Samurize.com-no Future?

wookietv

well, i mean, if they need space for the site... that cant be more than 20 megs? 30? without the files... and theyll need at least... the very minimum 180 gb of traffic monthly...

anyone out there to help the cause?

I know there are a couple of people with unlimited bandwith, it is your time to help out the community now ;)

oh man, this is bad, oh man, what am i going to do?, oh man this is bad. omg

<----runs screaming " tHE WORLD is ending.......GAH!!!!!!!get in your fallout shelters.............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

well now that i have that out. this sucks major booty, hmmmm come on guys use those useless hosts to the max. :-\ dunno

-bunkka :canadian:

i don't see why they can't just get a few geocities sites but hey if you help them, dappleyard then yahoo won't get as pissed off as they might. the 3 possible outcomes: with geocities... yahoo: :rant: and everyone else: :buddies: :buddies:

with stylesuites... yahoo :moon: everyone else: :buddies: :buddies: and last but not least... with nothing... everyone: :rip: well that's not what it seems to be. and i sure am glad about that. i don't like how hard it is to use it but i know that samurize is very powerful. i'd hate to have a picture of it come out like this: :rip:

Originally posted by TheBigB@Feb 28 2004, 03:28 PM

i don't see why they can't just get a few geocities sites but hey if you help them, dappleyard then yahoo won't get as pissed off as they might. the 3 possible outcomes: with geocities... yahoo: :rant: and everyone else:  :buddies:  :buddies:

with stylesuites... yahoo  :moon: everyone else: :buddies: :buddies: and last but not least... with nothing... everyone: :rip: well that's not what it seems to be. and i sure am glad about that. i don't like how hard it is to use it but i know that samurize is very powerful. i'd hate to have a picture of it come out like this: :rip:

what are you talking about!? :P

No, really... what did you just say..

I really hate to ruin everyone's party, but it just so happens that we've hit some major hosting problems ourselves today. Ironic eh?. There's still a chance we can offer something, but until we get our own situation sorted out then I wouldn't want to make any promises.

Basically, our (very generous) hosting company/guy has told us there's a 50/50 chance that he might be pulling the plug on the server we are using. I can only hope that he finds a way to keep the server economically viable.....

Fingers crossed for the future!

Maybe someone should drop the hint of asking a major big time host for sponsorship ??

Ive seen it happen alot in the design industry great sites appear then vanish because of hosting then out of the blue they are reborn with free hosting.

www.mediatemple.com have done this for people on a number of occasions at the price of there banner being displayed on the site. If they where to even add it into the installer im sure they could come to some kind of a deal ??

Just a suggestion and im in no way linked to mediatemple but some big hosting companys do this because its a great way to get business and pays of in there favour big time...

Originally posted by Seph@Feb 28 2004, 12:12 PM

what are you talking about!? :P

No, really... what did you just say..

i'm saying that if they get a geocities site then they could have free hosting but yahoo might not yahoo from that... anyway i forgot that yahoo doesn't do mysql so there wouldn't be a forum but timan could probably let the programmers of samurize use it as the official forum...

Originally posted by TheBigB@Feb 28 2004, 06:48 PM

i'm saying that if they get a geocities site then they could have free hosting but yahoo might not yahoo from that... anyway i forgot that yahoo doesn't do mysql so there wouldn't be a forum but timan could probably let the programmers of samurize use it as the official forum...

i don't think you just helped your case at all... what does "yahoo might not yahoo from that" mean?

Well it looks that crisis is over :)

Samurize.com has found a new home with Stardock.com. Stardock is known for its extensive line of customizing programs for Windows XP, and is the home of Wincustomize.Com. We will be hosted on a dedicated server with a T1 connection. The scheduled date for crossover is Tuesday, March 2, 2004 and there should be no downtime. Stardock has been working with us on this for the past week, and their assistant has been invaluable.

The entire Crew at Samurize wishes to thank Stardock, but more importantly, YOU our Users!, for your patience during this crucial time..

You are the BEST!!

The Samurize Crew

www.Samurize.com