[release] Digital Device

bubbabyte

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, well, finally it's a release, and a nice one. but there are some things I would like to mention:

digital1.gif

If not using big sized icons the text isn't cut off correctly.

you should think of that since not everybody is using 48x48

or even bigger icons.

digital2.gif

You should do something about that. these separator lines look

very ugly with using explorer. Please don't comment the flag,

it fit's to the VS I use otherwise and I don't hack the system

for a VS with some flaws

digital3.gif

Maybe it's the same with photoshop, maybe the macromedia

programmers don't stick to the guidelines of UI design, but anyway,

this is ugly too, I just don't know if you can do something about that.

digital4.gif

And this is the last for now. I don't know if this is done on purpose.

If yes, why not with the Windows flagged version too.

Originally posted by schaggo@Feb 21 2004, 12:43 PM

well, well, finally it's a release, and a nice one. but there are some things I would like to mention:

digital1.gif

or even bigger icons.

digital2.gif

for a VS with some flaws

digital3.gif

digital4.gif

okay... first off, i dont mean to sound cranky but it's obvious you know nothing about stylebuilder and to come in here saying what i should have though of or that things are ugly because they dont suite you is just rude...

the first so called "bug" cannot be helped, you have to use either 48 or 64.. i apologize for not making a version for smaller icons but thats just how it is..

second "bug", also, nothing i can do about it... that one colored line is connected to various other components as well.. such as the line in your right click menu.. without it you would not be able to seperate items..and it's also the color for non active text... so that means when your window is inactive, you have no text visable.. so in the end it would cause more problems then anything..

3rd "bug" i have no idea what your talking about...

4th "bug" is actually a mistake on my part i believe i was messing around with some fonts at the last minute and i guess i forgot to change it... it will be fixed.

Sorry to sound like an ass shaggo... but it really bothers me when people call the littlest things ugly when in fact you have no idea what it takes to make this theme....

NOW.... for everyone else's issue.. about the progress bars... lol

they are exactly the way they are supposed to be... check out a shot of the os x theme... they are identical.

sometimes you can't get rid of small tiny "bugs" you just have to live with them!

I think this is the best you can get, if your not satisfied, get a MAC, and stop complayning, bubba has not only work on the visual style, but on a bunch of other

skins too!

thank you bubba, for a magnificent job! -_-

Originally posted by schaggo@Feb 21 2004, 07:43 AM

digital1.gif

or even bigger icons.

digital2.gif

for a VS with some flaws

digital3.gif

digital4.gif

some people JUST are not happy unless there *****ING !!

BUbba and others A+ job very comeplete package

No matter what anyone says

Originally posted by bubbabyte@Feb 21 2004, 10:19 PM

okay... first off, i dont mean to sound cranky but it's obvious you know nothing about stylebuilder and to come in here saying what i should have though of or that things are ugly because they dont suite you is just rude...

You're absolutely right, except changing the start button of a theme, I haven't used Style Builder yet until now. But I didn't mean to sound cranky or even rude either. I'm just applying the theme here on my machine and I'm noticing things not fitting the theme or not appealing my eyes and - here comes the point - reporting them in the thread where the theme has been presented, so don't be pissed off because of reports not only presenting good news. You did solid work, but just not perfect in my eyes.

the first so called "bug" cannot be helped, you have to use either 48 or 64.. i apologize for not making a version for smaller icons but thats just how it is..
please, you don't have to appologize for that. there are two possibilities: you will do a version for 32px icons or you won't. it's a bit sad, because I'm not going to use 48 or 64px icons, so I'm not going to use this theme either. but that's OK for everybody I guess.

second "bug", also, nothing i can do about it... that one colored line is connected to various other components as well.. such as the line in your right click menu.. without it you would not be able to seperate items..and it's also the color for non active text... so that means when your window is inactive, you have no text visable.. so in the end it would cause more problems then anything..
that's ok as well. As I mentioned, it didn't please my eyes so I did a screenshot and reported it. you told me what's behind that, so there's nothing that could help. and remember: I just asked...

3rd "bug" i have no idea what your talking about...
the light-gray area on the toolbar with buttons for new document, open, ...

But as I already mentioned, I'm not sure if you can do something about that because it's very possible that macromedia (it's a fireworks screenshot) didn't make use of os-based GUI elements and did their own tour...

4th "bug" is actually a mistake on my part i believe i was messing around with some fonts at the last minute and i guess i forgot to change it... it will be fixed.
ok

Sorry to sound like an ass shaggo... but it really bothers me when people call the littlest things ugly when in fact you have no idea what it takes to make this theme....
you have chosen to sound like an ass, so it's up to you to correct that if you feel sorry for it... <_<

since English isn't my mother-tongue - which is obvious I guess - I have to deal with the vocabulary available, and ugly isn't something calling for war, it's just a word for not-very-beautiful-and-somehow-not-fitting-the-concept and so I don't get why you actually sounded like an ass. but since I'm skinning other things I can imagine what it takes. but after all you do this all voluntarily and doing something voluntarily doesn't free you from criticism, keep that in mind. but as I already said, for the third time if I remember it corretly, you did a great job. this are only minor flaws or even not, as the icon-thing for example.

and all the others not getting what I meant: **** off you weenies, I don't give a damn about you if you can't think for two cent's and run around crying for your mom.