[release] Milk Weather Widget

Pe8er

Hey there!

Take a look at this new little baby:

Milkweather.jpg

You wanted it, so get it here.

Design is simple and very well known. Nothing to be proud of...but look at these fonts! LucidaMAC looks beautiful here.

All instructions provided in readme.txt inside the zip. Please read them carefully.

And enjoy! ^_^

NEWS: New version of DesktopWeatherXML script has been released. Get it here. It works perfectly with this widget. ^_^

Thanks ad3x for the heads up.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kurt871@Feb 17 2004, 09:35 PM

Just a word of warning for those thinking of downloading the new DesktopWeatherXML: the Konfabulator icons have been removed. If you like those better than the Weather Channel ones, don't upgrade. That's the only difference in them. Great widget, btw.

New DesktopWeatherXML doesn't delete konfabulator images if you already have them on you hdd. It's a zip. You can unzip just the script itself and edit it to use your old images. I suggest downloading it, the code has some nice improvements.

Originally posted by xp-schrotter@Feb 17 2004, 09:05 PM

where can i find the the sun and the other skin files whiche aren't incloded in the pack???

I expect you can find those on konfabulator site, but the author of those images doesnt

allow those to be used with any other app than konfabulator.

Thats why the icons were removed from the pack and new icons were made.

Here is my replacement weather icon set for samurize:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/5215175/

This set includes the moonphase icons, to be used in upcoming weather plugin.

This is completely awesome Pe7er. Ive got it set up and running. Just have some minor problems. Im having trouble changing the weather images? My Location is showing up but so is my zip, i want to get rid of the zip. And also, the time is showing a little off the left. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Heres the screenie...

problem.jpg

Originally posted by JyriK@Feb 17 2004, 09:20 PM

I expect you can find those on konfabulator site, but the author of those images doesnt

allow those to be used with any other app than konfabulator.

Thats why the icons were removed from the pack and new icons were made.

Here is my replacement weather icon set for samurize:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/5215175/

This set includes the moonphase icons, to be used in upcoming weather plugin.

thanks but i searcg the one pe7er uses with his script

has someone a link for me pls thanks

Originally posted by Graphic Adam@Feb 18 2004, 04:54 AM

This is completely awesome Pe7er. Ive got it set up and running. Just have some minor problems. Im having trouble changing the weather images? My Location is showing up but so is my zip, i want to get rid of the zip. And also, the time is showing a little off the left. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Heres the screenie...

problem.jpg

1. Make sure you have newest Samurize installed (1.20).

2. Make sure you have newest DesktopWeatherXML script.

Other than that...it's weird. Especially the zip code. Clock: you can move it to right in Config Editor, but I would reccomend upgrading to Samurize 1.20, maybe it will help.

@xp-schrotter: these images are illegal so I can't release them in public. But...you know what ;)

Originally posted by xp-schrotter+Feb 18 2004, 06:22 AM-->
QUOTE(xp-schrotter @ Feb 18 2004, 06:22 AM)
thanks but i searcg the one pe7er uses with his script

has someone a link for me pls thanks

I could have sworn that, I just said where you can find the images, there on my post <_<

Originally posted by xp-schrotter@Feb 18 2004, 01:36 PM

but the icons you use in the first screenshot are others than you use in the last!!!

i need the icons you use in the first scrennshot ;)

have i to installe samurize 1.20??? or can i use also a older version???

:lol: First screenie is mine, second is Graphic Adam's. He doesn't have the old images and I have. Just PM me with your email address, ok? ;)

And yes, you should install the newest Samurize.

I attach updated config file with clock fixes (hopefully). These who already have this widget - get this file only. Everyone else - download full zip, it has been updated.

MilkWeatherXML.ini

clock still doesn't work for me, i want a twelve hour clock but if i do that, i have to put tt/ampm but AM or PM shows up on the clock!!!!!! never works right i try to configure my time settings in my control panel. if i dont put tt or ampm it will give me 24 hour. frustrating.

Picture of what i mean=pm.jpg

ggrrrrrrrrrrr. thx

[ oh ya, i have 1.20 samurize and 1.4 xml. even with the weather pack that you made [ peter ] i still havn't gotten the clock to work. good job but once it gets fixed it will be sweet as candy.

-bunkka :canadian:

My two cents:

@bunkka: The clock can be moved to the right to fit its spot easily. Once the script is loaded click on the system tray icon of it and click "Edit Config File" then click on the clock text and align it where you need it. I had the same problem. For the big PM showing up. I have no idea about that. Maybe your missing a font or something? Hope this helps..

Regards,

Adam S.