[release] Sk Englishfiles Final

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by InTrIgue@Feb 15 2004, 01:52 PM

No its for XP Home version not Pro  there are some files that do not work with Pro version  most of the GUI works but doing updates for windows is not working at all.  Makes it look nice :D  I am going to try and port to Pro with StefanKa's permision when I have the time.

yes yes, do it. But you need many time. :D

--Added this topic in the original Stefanka Sysfile thread, decided to move it here so no one was confused about the files. ALL FILES ARE SP1 ENGLISH VERSIONS--

Hey guys, been awhile since I've posted, but anyways...

If I were to get permission from Stefanka, would you guys like to have the sysfiles with EVERY dialog, menu and string tables in all of the dll, cpl, and exe files ??

I have about 89 of the 122 system files done so far, so still working on them, it takes a little time to go through every one of them, especially shell32.

If anyone would find they would be of value post it up and let me know.

Meanwhile I will be contacting Stefanka and The Snow E 2 guys so I can distribute using their AVI replacements. (They look better and they use the same folder icons, no offense)

Thanks,

Clotz

Still have a few files to edit and then I should be done. If anyone wants these files, then I will host them up for public. If only a few of you want the files, PM me and I will get you the link address. I will hopefully be posting them tomorrow, so if anyone visits this thread, let me know who could use these and I will release them publicly. PM me though, so as to not override this thread with requests for me.

Thanks,

Clotz

(Oh yeah, and don't forget to give props to the mod master Stefanka for creating and taking tons of time to edit these to begin with. His job was twice as hard as anyone's. I'm just editing all of the text in each file to OSX standards. Thanks agains Stefanka!!)

hi stefanka,

good work on this .... i am having small problems with a few dialogues:

1-Shutdown dialogue box... not the same as Kurt's problem. the png above 'sleep' is falling below the seperator line above the buttons.

2-on the IE download, the AVI is to the left a bit

3-my a: drive is showing an icon of a CD?

it looks like my msgina file was replaced by yours... i have a .bak file created by flyakites pack and then a .backup file created by yours

any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks much

Originally posted by clotz2000@Feb 15 2004, 11:02 PM

Still have a few files to edit and then I should be done. If anyone wants these files, then I will host them up for public. If only a few of you want the files, PM me and I will get you the link address. I will hopefully be posting them tomorrow, so if anyone visits this thread, let me know who could use these and I will release them publicly. PM me though, so as to not override this thread with requests for me.

Thanks,

Clotz

(Oh yeah, and don't forget to give props to the mod master Stefanka for creating and taking tons of time to edit these to begin with. His job was twice as hard as anyone's. I'm just editing all of the text in each file to OSX standards. Thanks agains Stefanka!!)

yes, please. i would be very interested in those files. as much as i love stefanka's files and appreciate the incredible work, having them with the snowe avis would make them even more perfect. i tried to replace them myself, but the snowe avis didn't fit in properly.

Originally posted by wookietv@Feb 16 2004, 12:38 AM

hi stefanka,

good work on this ....  i am having small problems with a few dialogues:

1-Shutdown dialogue box...  not the same as Kurt's problem.  the png above 'sleep' is falling below the seperator line above the buttons.

2-on the IE download, the AVI is to the left a bit

3-my a: drive is showing an icon of a CD?

it looks like my msgina file was replaced by yours...  i have a .bak file created by flyakites pack and then a .backup file created by yours

any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks much

Do you have change the Font in the registry?

i did setup lucida grande... i don't remember what the default is anymore >.<

on one of these posts, you gave a screenshot that showed ms sans serif... is this what i should change it back to?

this might affect the first 2 issues, but what about the CD icon for my floppy?

edit---well, just to give it a try, i changed it to ms sans serif, but that didn't fix the shutdown screen, but the download one does look OK.

Hi, i have one question:

When i update my system with the latest MS Security Patches, and then replace the system files with StefanKa`s ones, will this have any results on the updates files by MS patches? Or does the patches only modify files, which are not includec in StefanKa`s pack?

I ask this, because i want to have a nice looking system as well as a little bit secure system. (i dont care about OE and IE, because i use FireFox and Thunderbird)

If there are security related files in StefanKa`s pack, i would be glad if i could get a list, wich animations, icons, etc. are changend in all the files, so that i could patch my system files on my own.

I found a list on http://www.virtualplastic.org/html/hacklist.html but im not sure if this are all files.

By the way, i could imagine how much work it was to patch all these files (in the middle of last years i extracted files from iceman`s shell32.dll, included them with al little batch file for reshacker into mine, and translated it to german), so i wolud give many respect and thanks to StefanKa for his work.

p.s.:

please execuse my bad english

Originally posted by geoff1010@Feb 16 2004, 05:24 PM

can anyone list a  full step of installing the Sk Englishfiles Final ??? :blink:

I tried many times and it always crushes

In Stefanks's Systemfiles folder there is a text file called replace this is a list of all the .dlls and .exes that are going to be switched you just grab the text file and drag it onto the batch program Replacer in the same folder and let the magic begin :D