• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A good way to implement iJesse's request would be as follows:

(warning, technical content follows)

- Intercept FlashWindow API call.

- Whenever the function is called, search for an existing dock icon of the corresponding app, and make it jump.

There's a little detail with RocketDock (dunno XWD dock) where if the icon jumps while the dock is auto-hidden, I can't see the icon jumping (Mac OS X displays the icon jumping over the screen border... looks kinda funny).

I had an idea about stack animation called "wind blow"

Screenshot-stack-animation-01.jpg

You can also download an animation version below.

Thank you :)

Lol, great Ideas, Shishimaru :D

I certainly will take a look at the new animation-plugins. Your demo looks great! Do you already have kind of an algorithm for your animation?

Alright. After slaving away for a few hours, I finally came up with an alternate grid animation (complete with actual code to calculate scaling)

I call it... the wobble/bounce grid :cool:! It's an exe, so feel free to screw around with clicking it...

If any of you programmers out there feel like implementing it into XWD, then please tell me, and I'll explain exactly what the algorithms, etc are.

Warning: the program I made this in exports huge bloated exe files... 1.68 MB :slant:

stackanimation.zip

We already have docklets.

What about animation plugins? (or some more proper name) It would be plugins for XWD allowing us to write custom animations for fan / grid / icon magnification / icon bouncing.

You don't know, yet? Bobah already implemented this for 5.4. Only for fan & grid animations at the moment, but it's a start. :) I'm curious, how this will work out.

Alright. After slaving away for a few hours, I finally came up with an alternate grid animation (complete with actual code to calculate scaling)

I call it... the wobble/bounce grid :cool:! It's an exe, so feel free to screw around with clicking it...

If any of you programmers out there feel like implementing it into XWD, then please tell me, and I'll explain exactly what the algorithms, etc are.

Warning: the program I made this in exports huge bloated exe files... 1.68 MB :slant:

To all the animation-designers:

a) For your demos, Slow-Motion is needed! (I could use Ctrl + "->" in shishimaru's flash, but not in yours, Andrew). To implement such things, developers need to understand, what's actually happening :)

B) Try to stay with simple "rules", that can be described geometrically (like "first circle around, then go straight to the final position" or something :D ). The wobbeling for example seems to be much easier to be implemented than shishimaru demo.

How about the realtime changing of the text on a label. If someone has a music player on such as Pandora where the title is always changing, it would be nice to see what song is on by just hovering over the icon.

Technically no problem and a good idea. Only someone have to write a docklet for it. I would do it, but my favorite one and only mediaplayer Songbird has no API for such things, yet. And i will not do it for any else Mediaplayer...

A simple, easy to implement one: configurable quickview size (grid). :)

What do you mean? I can't understand what you mean by "quickview". Is it a OSX thing?

We already have docklets.

What about animation plugins? (or some more proper name) It would be plugins for XWD allowing us to write custom animations for fan / grid / icon magnification / icon bouncing.

Now that's a really great idea! ;)

You don't know, yet? Bobah already implemented this for 5.4. Only for fan & grid animations at the moment, but it's a start. :) I'm curious, how this will work out.
I thought it was supposed to be a...

Requesting an option to adjust position of dock items, whether it should be implemented to each skin's settings or on the XWD Menu I dont know, either one, whatever people like the most.

User Panta mentioned Icon Offset for icon preferences, so something like that works too :P

To BOBAH

You can see here why I have made this request, click

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...97&postcount=45

Requesting an option to adjust position of dock items, whether it should be implemented to each skin's settings or on the XWD Menu I dont know, either one, whatever people like the most.

User Panta mentioned Icon Offset for icon preferences, so something like that works too :P

To BOBAH

You can see here why I have made this request, click

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...97&postcount=45

@bobah: his request is really pertinent and the end result is very good, imho.
I'd like to have in dock:

1. see all running apps with possibility exclude them (for example if I dont have notepad in dock and open it, i want to see it in dock. When I close it, it dissapears from dock)

2. Change stack icon and dont see other icons in stack, just the chosen one

Especially your second one is high demanded. Don't show the stack in the icon itself, just the icon we choose. I vote for this one, too :)

Hey guys,

There'd be one docklet that I'd be happy to have, Window Switcher. :)

I think this is no job for a docklet, but for a separate Application (of course it can be done as a docklet, too). If I where you, i would pick one of the many existing free Windows Switchers, and just assign an Icon on the dock to the shortcut for Switching. :)