Mac Finder Navigation Toolbar for Windows

Hello, All!

I'm working on Explorer skinned toolbar. Unlike KSToolbar this bar replaces navigation buttons, address bar and allows run file searching process from right top edit box, like in Vista or OSX.

fs_prw3.jpg

Buttons scheme can be easily customized: drag'n'drop buttons moving:

fs_prw6.jpg

Fast searching from Search box. Just input text and press Enter:

fs_prw5_s.jpg

Thumbnail size changer: from 32x32 to 256x256 pixels:

fs_prw4_s.jpg

Working in Windows XP, there are no Vista support currently.

How to install:

0)Close all Explorer windows

1)Run Install.cmd (click all yes/ok)

2)Open new Explorer window

3)Close Standard and Address bars from Explorer's toolbar context menu.

4)Open toolbar from the same menu

5)Lock toolbar and use it :)

For uninstalling run Uninstall.reg

Download v0.3.2

v0.3.2 (24.12.08)

-Fixed memory leak.

-Added right margins for boxes

-fixed bug with background which can disapeared some times

v0.3 (21.12.08)

-Added "new folder" button (click button, input name, folder will be created and you will navigated to this new directory)

-Fixed bug with menu/address bars (now should correctly shown or hidden).

-Pressed button (view mode) will not be highligted on mouse over

-Fixed buttons drawing in "Customize toolbar" dialog

v0.2 (20.12.08)

-Added custom background. Who have problems with toolbar background please rename "_bg.png" to "bg.png"!

-Folders tree buttons open Findexer instead of Explorer's tree (look in config.ini for instructions to change it)

-Transparent filing for separators in edit mode

-Findexer will not be hidden after choosing Address Bar/Menu bar items in menu

I you want to replace buttons images then you can do it without any changes in theme ini file. Only for boxes you should set it's Y value, margins, width, colors.

Please let me know on any bugs/troubles/ideas in this thread.

Thanks!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice app. I search a long time for a Styler replacement :)

Bugs:

- Activated Buttons should not highlighted

- The Explorer Window isn´t save my configuration now. It starts everytime with the default & and your Toolbar now.

- Optionswindow looks like: buggb4.png

Feature Requests:

- Possibility to create new Buttons (Shortcuts or so)

- Possibility to add a FindeXer Button (Like the FolderTree Button)

Here the toolbar (which I like) with kspudw´s popular X-theme.

neu-1irlm.jpg

and incompatibility with True transparency (the option window is only shows 1 inch.

neu-20ieo.jpg

Otherwise it´s working well for the first impression.

EDIT: Some first suggestions:

-if you search the search sidebar pops up a second. Can that be fixed or is this a must?

-glad if you could add the delete button (grey x) in the search field to clear that one.

-I accidently deleted the options button. There´s no easy way to get it back? (maybe by right clicking on the bar you get the menu.)

-if I use show addressbar, it hides my FindeXer bar.

-I cannot get the menu and flag to hide. Everytime I open a new window it is back. (menubar=0 in the ini)

-I also get the dissorted icons in the options window after dragging.

-I cannot find the explorerbar button in the options.

-would be nice to have a button to toggle between explorer-tree, plain window without sidebar and FindeXer.

Thanks,

Björn

KSoft, can you force a custom IShellView to whatever IShellFolder instance is being currently displayed by explorer?

For example if you're browsing your "My Pictures" folder, your toolbar has buttons to change between the four different views available in Windows, but I don't know if you can set your own IShellView there.

@Suzumushi and @bSAYZ,

You can just disable styler toolbar in explorer window. They do not disturb each other, but have similar functionality.

@RocknGothAlien,

Sorry, why activated buttons should not highlighted? They should have second button state on mouse moving trought them.

What is this new leopard buttons on screenshot but not on toolbar?

On features:

- Possibility to create new Buttons (Shortcuts or so)

Impossible now, only base navigation functionality now. But I want to make a new type of custom button.

- Possibility to add a FindeXer Button (Like the FolderTree Button)

I'll add this parameter in config.ini and will upload a new version after I repair this black backgrounds with stripes...

@Kamil1971 and @Björn,

Toolbar works well with standard themes and WB. I'll test it with Kspudw's theme.

@Björn,

Is True transparensy application for borders?

-if you search the search sidebar pops up a second. Can that be fixed or is this a must?

Yes, right, I don't know how to do it better :( I don't see any better variants to use standard search.

-glad if you could add the delete button (grey x) in the search field to clear that one.

Thinking on it. And returning to folder from search on click.

-I accidently deleted the options button. There´s no easy way to get it back? (maybe by right clicking on the bar you get the menu.)

Yes, this is a problem now...

Try popup menu above or below edit (search or address) or add:

Settings

settings

in toolbar.xml before most last

-if I use show addressbar, it hides my FindeXer bar.

Thanks for info, I have some problems with Findexer...

-I cannot get the menu and flag to hide. Everytime I open a new window it is back. (menubar=0 in the ini)

Try this: run hide_flag.reg again, hide menu from toolbar's menu, close window and restart explorer.exe from taskmanager.

-I also get the dissorted icons in the options window after dragging.

Can you please post a screenshot?

-I cannot find the explorerbar button in the options.

This is a button with lines (but not list). Sorry, there are wrong "Separator" name.

-would be nice to have a button to toggle between explorer-tree, plain window without sidebar and FindeXer.

I don't know how to togle while. And where I can get states of this panels. While only show or hide.

@matonga,

I can get current IShellView but unfortunately I don't know how to replace by own...

(There are CreateViewWindow function: function CreateViewWindow(PrevView: IShellView;

var FolderSettings: TFolderSettings; ShellBrowser: IShellBrowser;

var Rect: TRect; out Wnd: HWND): HResult; stdcall; I'm not playing with it yet)

Hey Ksoft thanks for the PM but Im using Vista :S ... I tried to install via Virtual PC, but I dont found my XP CD ^^;

Yes, it's only for XP :)

@Kamil1971 and @Björn,

I've installed this shell theme but it works right on my PC.

82505886nx0.th.jpg

Hmm... it's interesting in what the problem.

I'll add background image so in any case it should right if I'll paint it.

The toolbar works fine - good job! BUT I checked it with Safari theme (I don't use WB) and there is the same problem. What do you mean by standard themes?

Thanks! :) On standard themes I meant Windows XP luna, metallic and olive.

Can You please give me a link to your theme? (there some Safari themes in web)

@Björn,

No, it should works even with styler but I'll do background. Foe example: you want to use leo theme but with black bar under buttons etc.

@fobm4ster,

To use this in Vista I should try it :) I'm note sure how there are situation with toolbars like this (I know QTToolbar).

It's just not first important problem - there some bugs and some functions should be added.

EDIT: Please look at first post for a new 0.2 version, there are some changes.

KSoft: actually, I don't remember where the theme I use is from, but I suppose it's from Deviantart. The ZIP file to download is Windows_Leopard_XP_OS_X_by_cyazian. In my opinion it is the best one (no problems with font size etc). As for Safari msstyles, I will try to check it.

BTW. I don't use Styler (and I did'nt use it) so this cannot be the cause.

as much as I'd like to see a vista compatible version soon (50% of my PCs' now run vista,)

seems like it'd be best to squash as many of the bugs as possible with the XP version, then bring onboard vista. reason:

1. XP Version

2. Bug Testing

3. Vista + XP Version

4. Bug Testing

seems easier than right off the bat:

1. XP & Vista Version

2. Bug Testing.

Alright. Well, I decided to take a chance and test this out on Vista. Surprisingly it worked... mostly.

Well I loaded it up and it worked. I turned off the Menu Bar and tried to turn off the Address Bar. Turning off the Address Bar took away everything EXCEPT the Address Bar (Back/Forward etc.)

And then I clicked customize toolbar. An error came up saying "Acces violation at address 100C99A2 in module 'DELPHI~1.DLL'. Read of address 0000000C." I clicked OK. It came up again. In a fury of clicking OK many times, the customization opened. I moved things around, and it worked very well. I exited the window and opened another one. The menu bar was back and so were my Back/Forward + Search. It remembered the setting pertaining to it though. So all the buttons I placed on it were still there.

That's all I've really noticed. Hope this helps. :D

Oh and I attached an image of it working too.

post-88004-1229732873_thumb.jpg

upon first installation and startup, everything seems fine.

EDIT: Using WIndowsXP SP2

I have installed:

And configured thusly:

20081219doesnotworksmon6.jpg

But after closing this window, and upon the next window opened, all toolbars are lost except for the Mac Finder toolbar, and looks thusly:

20081219goesbacktothisslk1.jpg

Is there any chance all toolbars could coexist, happily?

and unfortunately, it also does not play well with QTTabbar since theMac Finder toolbar's nagivation buttons do not follow and correspond with the current selected tab. Would you possibly consider adding interoperability with QTTabbar in this regard? Interoperability with both toolbars would be the bees knees! I would really appreciate it. :)

@KSoft,

Yes the standard button should highlighted, but the activated View-Buttons should not highlighted. The Button is then already activated and did´t reactivated^^

I had add the Leopard Buttons. but i didn´t restart the explorer ;)

And a new Bug-Screenshot - Happens sometimes, i did´t know how it reconstructable:

unbenannt1pt6.png

But the Icons in the Options-window go always wrong, when i touch the slider...

@firecracker6,

Yes, but you must reinstall the toolbar for changes...

As soon as install the toolbar, all changes won´t be remembered. You must configure the other toolbars before you install and add the "Freestyler Toolbar"...

okay huge problem, i dont know how you get it to work on vista, but whenever i click it in the toolbar, explorer crashes.

says that one of the dlls from the installation caused it....

actually i think i know the problem, i didnt close all explorer windows during installation, but how do you have em all closed

while pressing install at the same time?

@fobm4ster how did you not see that coming?

Not yet for vista, so recommended not to install on vista

aw well ive come so close to a mac look, but that sucks, guess ill have to wait for an update or something, but this is awesome.

but one question, how come my toolbar's settings dont save, menu and address come back up everytime