Any Of The Originals Here Still

25 posts in this topic

Well been years since Ive been here, so it it still as active as it used to be?

Afraid not.  I visit once every three or four months, though!

have no idea if anyone remember me. But I was the owner of osx-e.com, a site similar with aqua-soft. Sold that site 6 years ago to buy a Mac

have no idea if anyone remember me. But I was the owner of osx-e.com, a site similar with aqua-soft. Sold that site 6 years ago to buy a Mac

Ofc I do how have you been alang.

just seeing that the last news entry is almost 5 years old makes me sad, but seeing all the stuff that was done here makes me feel fuzzy and warm.

it is sad to see that those days of modding and forums gone, especially since the growth of social media and smartphones.

you guys rock, those times were great

Heh, what can you do. We've all grown up and bought macs.

I just keep it up, because why not. Its there if for some odd reason, someone wants to go back and look for something.

I never posted much but used to hang around a lot. Still find myself poping in now and then (the forum's still on my home page links!). Maybe I'm just waiting for a dead site and then I can delete the link, in the meantime it's nice to reminisce sometimes :)

PS: I never got round to buying a mac, just found the visual style of Windows 7 (and now 8.1) meant I no longer experience mac envy (well not as much!).

I used to be regular here... great to see some of the longtermers still alive!

I bought a mac... still theming though.

On 2014 November 12 at 8:37:47 PM, alang said:

I'm a year late responding to your post, but given the state of the site I don't think that's an issue.

I just wanted to say I vaguely remember that site. It's so surreal looking at these forums again after so many years. 

Teenage me is embarrassing. But also happier and more creative. This site is old enough for me to look back on now.

Greetings all.  Thought I'd stop by and see if the site was still up.  Anyone remember me?

On April 25, 2016 at 11:34:39 AM, jef said:

Greetings all.  Thought I'd stop by and see if the site was still up.  Anyone remember me?

Yeah jef, I remember you. Don't think we ever interacted, but it was hard to not notice you with that administrator flair :P

On November 29, 2015 at 9:04:40 AM, Kenta said:

I'm a year late responding to your post, but given the state of the site I don't think that's an issue.

I just wanted to say I vaguely remember that site. It's so surreal looking at these forums again after so many years. 

I remember crediting you for the idea of an avetunes skin I made.

Popping in to say hi. I still load the page every few months to see if it is still around.

Haven't logged on for four years, was struck by a random whim today to see what had become of the forum. Nice to see it's around for posterity's sake. Like Timan said, I did indeed grow up and buy a Mac. Lots of good memories associated with this site, though. And some familiar names on this thread!

Cheers,

NC

i'm definitely not one of the originals but did spend a lot of time around these boards. Great to see it's still up and running 

Hello there, nice to see a few names I remember :)

And thank you Timan for keeping the forum up. The mac/windows customisation movement might have slowed and slowed, but I appreciate being able to come back and find all the old posts and tutorials and links still up —instead of a giant 404.

Cricket, cricket. Nice to see familiar names. Good times, the days before Facebook and smartphones. Pretty sure I have one or two of you on there, especially if you were over at OCN as well.

And, similarly, re-reading my teenage-self's posts make me want to gouge my eyes out. I stumble upon it whenever I accidentally click it in my "Forums" bookmark folder, lol. First time though without the famous theme. When did that happen? 

Damn, I barely remember the times I used to frequent this place, it was so long ago.  I'm scared to look up some of my old posts. :D

Was the best of times (avetunes, susumu, dj, jonas, bz, etc.) and the worst of times (niobium, aqua story). This site helped nurture many of todays artists and designers/coders.

I think I have posted more on this forum than any other. 

Enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you!

Come to think of it, every other forum we probably frequented is dead (deskmod, pgp, gfxoasis, MT, hardwaregeeks, etc.). The only one I can think of is probably still around is neowin.net

Edited by aashish13

Happy to see everyone stopping by to say hi... including the OSX-E gang 😊 Hi Alang! Hi Ghostwalker! Hi Khalua!

Highly agree with everyone here, it's weird to check into these places where I spent so much time as a kid. I hope life is treating all of you well! If anyone wants to keep in touch, I'm on Twitter @AriX.

Edited by AriX