Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rk Launcher Item List Reverting After Changes Are Made

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I recently download RK launcher. I had to add my items via writing it up in the itemlist.conf file. I couldn't add items via dragging or anything. It kept giving me a stop signal type of icon and wouldn't allow it.

Anyways, so I got it working. But finally last night, windows 7 decided to do another critical update, and when I start up my laptop Rk Launcher loads but all my icons are gone! I went into the itemlist.conf file and realized, everything had be erased, why? I don't know. So, I just downloaded RK launcher again, took the itemlist.conf file and replaced it with the one that decided to delete everything.

Now, I am trying to make changes to the itemlist file, but it keeps ignoring it and reverting. Like, it will show up after I change and save the file, but as soon as I reboot Rk launcher nothing happens! I even reopen the itemlist file and everything is back like it was before, without recognizing my changes.

I don't know why RK launcher suddenly decided to ignore my changes but it's frustrating.

Has this happened to anyone or is this happening to anyone else? Can it be fixed? This program is such a nifty little addition to my desktop features and it would suck if I can't alter or change it to my liking anymore =(

Before starting this procedure you should log on as an administrator. If your user is not administrator, the procedure will fail.

Before starting, it is recommended to create a System Restore snapshot. In case of failure, it will be very easy for you to revert to the initial state.

Also, keep in mind that this tutorial is published with no warranties. We are not responsible for any problems you might have with your system.