Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ideas For Plugins; And Plugin Bugs

9 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if you could:

1. Make an iCal plugin, would be super awesome.

2. Genie effect "Minimize to Dock" plugin

3. "Zoom" effect plugin

and bugs:

1. Stacks plugin is super slow on my "Applications" folder, because it has 60 icons and it can't process the large icon size it shows. Could you guys either add a resizable icon feature in the stack, make it faster, remove the item count, or all 3?

2. Bounce effect sometimes doesn't work.

3. Stacks plugin won't launch .INK files.

yeah, and it is good to see the XGrab plugin (from XWindows Dock 5.6) - i can't do it myself :(

yeah, and it is good to see the XGrab plugin (from XWindows Dock 5.6) - i can't do it myself :(

Matonga's Stack Docklet cannot change its icon.

It takes up quite a lot of memory when it uses cross-platform docklets

some sort of [quick look] for the dock or just to preview pictures or even some video formats in the stack dock-let or and external application that will work with xwd 2 you know

but I'm sure some one has tried it but it might have not come out as good but that's something i would like for a plug-in in XWD forget the magnification for now maybe or keep it but a [quick look] or better 3d rendering for themes or a better way to fix up the 2d images for background cause I'm not digging the way you have to configure the things just to get a 2d themes you know...or maybe i just don't know how to do it that much...but yes

{quick Look} or a better 3d engine but I'm sure its getting done:)or maybe even scroll bar in the stack docklet...

but the 3d engine thats on now for xwd2.0.2 is fine i think i have proved it by making this skin... --> (Beluga v1 for xwd 2) <-- :)

no ruff edges

Edited by vi20RickrMetal12us

some sort of [quick look] for the dock or just to preview pictures or even some video formats in the stack dock-let or and external application that will work with xwd 2 you know

but I'm sure some one has tried it but it might have not come out as good but that's something i would like for a plug-in in XWD forget the magnification for now maybe or keep it but a [quick look] or better 3d rendering for themes or a better way to fix up the 2d images for background cause I'm not digging the way you have to configure the things just to get a 2d themes you know...or maybe i just don't know how to do it that much...but yes

{quick Look} or a better 3d engine but I'm sure its getting done:)

Magnification would be AWESOME!

CPU leak? XWD uses 10-20% of my CPU when in use. OD1.9 uses 5%.

Also, better bounce effect would be cool.

Task Manager recognizes XWD2.0 as a window. That gets really annoying because I also use a Leopard theme for ObjectBar, and THAT recognizes it as a window, too. So if I click on the dock, it will say "XWindows Dock" instead of the window I had selected.

Edited by prodo123

Magnification would be AWESOME!

CPU leak? XWD uses 10-20% of my CPU when in use. OD1.9 uses 5%.

Also, better bounce effect would be cool.

Task Manager recognizes XWD2.0 as a window. That gets really annoying because I also use a Leopard theme for ObjectBar, and THAT recognizes it as a window, too. So if I click on the dock, it will say "XWindows Dock" instead of the window I had selected.

well yeah if ppl want (magnification) I'm ok with it as long as there is an option to disable it b/c i got tired of magnification. it gets annoying when your doing editing in what ever program if you happen to hover over it sometimes...:)

also who cares if taskmanager recognizes the xwd as a windows it seems to work great with windows 7 aero peek fine that way as it makes it clear you know...and it does not mater if you click something and says xwindowsdock that' what its for man just to help the user manage there shortcuts alot better...but its all in your opinion...but I'm ok with how it is for now...

Edited by vi20RickrMetal12us

well yeah if ppl want (magnification) I'm ok with it as long as there is an option to disable it b/c i got tired of magnification. it gets annoying when your doing editing in what ever program if you happen to hover over it sometimes...:)

also who cares if taskmanager recognizes the xwd as a windows it seems to work great with windows 7 aero peek fine that way as it makes it clear you know...and it does not mater if you click something and says xwindowsdock that' what its for man just to help the user manage there shortcuts alot better...but its all in your opinion...but I'm ok with how it is for now...

it changes the menus on the ObjectBar from window-specific to default, e.g. if I'm using Photoshop then Photoshop menus are on the ObjectBar. When I click XWD while doing that, it gets rid of the Photoshop menus and replaces them with default "File, Edit, View, Go, Window, Help" menus, so I can't edit after launching and closing Yahoo Widgets HUD from the dock.

My ideas and things i miss from 5.6

- Magnification

- Full edit of elements in dock, labels, elements in stacks, effects, etc

- Xmail or any compatible with Gmail

anyway, the new dock is really awesome.

graphically is the best i see, and the new skin system is easy for all the users

My ideas and things i miss from 5.6

- Magnification

- Full edit of elements in dock, labels, elements in stacks, effects, etc

- Xmail or any compatible with Gmail

anyway, the new dock is really awesome.

graphically is the best i see, and the new skin system is easy for all the users

Love the new dock too. Ability to edit the label fonts would be great, I hate Arial.

Another suggestion from me is the ability to control the opacity of the window reflection.