Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rk Launcher Issues

4 posts in this topic

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and the past 2 days my RK Launcher (0.41 build) just isn't doing what I want it to do, it just randomly just started doing this.

First off it's not starting up when I boot my PC, I've tried through the program's settings and I've tried the shortcut way (create shortcut and add to the startup folder) with no luck whatsoever.

Second, when I do have it running I can't do the simple drag and drop on the dock, it won't let me even when it's unlocked! I just get the typical "X".

I've tried searching through the forum but maybe I've overlooked or didn't type in a certain keyword to find my problem. Any help would be appreciated greatly, thanks in advance.

Edited by Bman409

You say, "it's just started doing this", can I assume RKL was working fine, if that's the case what's changed?

Have you tried starting again, moving the dock settings and folder to another location on your drive.

I think what you also have to remember RKL was never developed or has been fully tested with the compatibility of Windows 7, so there might be a few issue around the smooth running of the dock.

You say, "it's just started doing this", can I assume RKL was working fine, if that's the case what's changed?

Have you tried starting again, moving the dock settings and folder to another location on your drive.

I think what you also have to remember RKL was never developed or has been fully tested with the compatibility of Windows 7, so there might be a few issue around the smooth running of the dock.

Yeah it was working fine before and I didn't really change anything but add another internal HD to my system, rebooted and I noticed my dock wasn't booting up in my start up folder, etc.

I just played with it earlier today by changing the folder name and now it runs fine, I can make changes and everything. I just find it weird that it just randomly did what it did outta nowhere.

This is an issue I am having as well. And I am still using XP, so it doesn't sound isolated to Windows 7. Changing the folder name did nothing in my case. But all the same issues. Sounds like an issue with saving it's settings.

EDIT: I noticed the config file is always empty. I saved the original over the empty one ans it seems to work fine now.

Edited by Obaba