Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Itunes 9 Global Hotkeys - Winxp

2 posts in this topic

For starters I would like to say "Hello", because I am kind of a new member;

or more likely just a someone who registered himself a while ago, but didn't remember it.

I am pretty sure a similar topic has occured before, but I searched the forum and I couldn't find anything on the new iTunes 9. I know that there are some tools that allow you to use global hotkeys for iTunes under Windows, but the new Version seems to f**k up all of these programmes.

In the past I only used iTunes Remote, which is a Yahoo Widget that doesn't even have any kind of hotkeys, but since I'm using a Laptop without media keys and like to listen to music while gaming, I began to search for a global tool. I wasn't able to find anything that would be up to date, so after a while I tried iTunesKeys to realise that it wouldn't work.

After that I tried using 'iTunes Remote' again, which wouldn't work either. Yet I ain't sure if this is due to iTunes 9 or iTunesKeys, because I hadn't used the Widget for a long time.

I hope the explanation of my problem was understandable.

Here comes my question:

Did iTunes 9 change anything so that no hotkey-tool (global or not) would function anymore, or did I cause this myself by trying out iTunesKeys?

Is there a programme that can control iTunes 9 globally that I just could not find?

I appreciate any kind of useful answers (well, who doesn't :P)

Moved to correct section - mps69

Ha, i have just the thing for you.

iTunes Control
/>http://itunescontrol.com/