Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Best Leopard Windowblinds Theme For Vista!?!?!?

9 posts in this topic

hey everyone, i'm looking for the best possible Leopard WindowBlinds Theme for Vista!

Everytime I find one thats decent, it always makes my Max, Min, Close buttons get thrown off when you maximize the windows...

right now im using a Tiger Theme by Steve Grenier, but its not leopard, and it's toolbar (nav buttons in explorer) doesn't change.

I always see these perfect screenshots of vista looking like leopard, but if you use the WBskin, it looks nothing like it!

So if you can, please help a dude out. :o

Alex

P.S. - Im also using a PERFECT Objectbar skin that really looks exactly like leopard's. I'm not really sure If using objectbar with WB is creating problems or not, but Im just letting you know.

Attached is my current desktop. (please tell me how to make it more realistic!)

post-100739-1241798004_thumb.jpg

moved to correct section - mps69

Best place for themes is DeviantArt.com .Than you have to find best theme that suit your needs,this theme on my screenshot is Zeusosx leopard and this is visual style for vista and i think this is best leopard theme for vista(LimLeopard is not that bad ether),i don't prefer WB,I had the same problem with maximize button too...you have to download skinstudio to modify button position...i did that on couple of skins!

This is the place for looking skins for WB Click here!

Hope this helps :) and welcome to Aqua-Soft

post-93989-1241800821_thumb.jpg

Best place for themes is DeviantArt.com .Than you have to find best theme that suit your needs,this theme on my screenshot is Zeusosx leopard and this is visual style for vista and i think this is best leopard theme for vista(LimLeopard is not that bad ether),i don't prefer WB,I had the same problem with maximize button too...you have to download skinstudio to modify button position...i did that on couple of skins!

This is the place for looking skins for WB Click here!

Hope this helps :) and welcome to Aqua-Soft

Thanks a ton!

I tried to switch over to VS's, but I exchanged my iptheme.dll files to get dreamscenes....

Didn't like it too much, so i switched them back, but now when I use Vista Visual Master, it says my theme files can't be patched cause a program has already messed with them.... :P

But hey, thats okay.

I saw a great leopard skin for WB at DeviantArt called "Leopard V", (goto most popular of all time) but it too has the button problem...

can you tell me how I could reposition the buttons?? (I think the guy was trying to get a shadow effect, cause the windows are edited to be transparent (with slight gradient for shadow effect) on the edges. (so when you maximize the window, the buttons are all out of whack...)

Well, thanks for the quick reply!

Download and install SkinStudio than you will have option in WB to edit skin.When you open SkinStudio go to "Edit Ttlebars and WindowsFrames" option on left side of the program and than "Edit per pixel buttons".There you can adjust button position,you can move them on the rights side...

and.. Good luck ;)

Hey, Thanks a million for the info, but i downloaded the free version of SkinStudio, and tried to mess with it, but could not find the said option...

I also looked somewhere (on some other option) and it said something like: "Warning: WindowFrames perpixel is disabled" (or removed?)

forgot. But if you have the time one of these days, please take a look at "Leopard V" at DA, and try a fix. If you do, please let me know, as I will be very interested! B)

I noticed alot of people complaining about this problem. (in fact, this problem comes up on EVERY skin by this dude!! Kinda sad, since all of his skins are insanely awesome...)

Thanks again for the reply and info,

Alex

.. I noticed alot of people complaining about this problem. (in fact, this problem comes up on EVERY skin by this dude!! Kinda sad, since all of his skins are insanely awesome...)

Alex

I think it is an application (Windowblinds) glitch, not a skin issue. Most probably skins having side borders several pixels thick (skins with per pixel shadows). When window is maximized, the button "hotspot" gets its position reference from the edge of screen, while the button image does not.

Therefore, you'll have mouse hover and action several pixels to the right of the actual image. Not a big issue actually if you think about it. With 17/19/24 etc inch screens nowadays, together with lots of desktop eye candy (docks, bars, widgets, screenlets etc etc) who really bothers about maximized windows anyway

If you really want to synchronize position of the image and mouse click response, you will have to move button images several pixels to the right, which would look lame...

Hey, Thanks a million for the info, but i downloaded the free version of SkinStudio, and tried to mess with it, but could not find the said option...

I also looked somewhere (on some other option) and it said something like: "Warning: WindowFrames perpixel is disabled" (or removed?)

forgot. But if you have the time one of these days, please take a look at "Leopard V" at DA, and try a fix. If you do, please let me know, as I will be very interested! B)

I noticed alot of people complaining about this problem. (in fact, this problem comes up on EVERY skin by this dude!! Kinda sad, since all of his skins are insanely awesome...)

Alex

I've been busy these days but I tried something with the skin but... i can't fix buttons,when i move them on the right side they worked perfectly,so if you are interested for this version with right side buttons send me your email.

well...you have to choose between functionality and look :)

Everytime I find one thats decent, it always makes my Max, Min, Close buttons get thrown off when you maximize the windows...

For some reason, the cracked version of Windowblinds does that on Vista.