Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Using My Laptop Media Keys For Itunes

7 posts in this topic

I recently bought a new laptop that has a row of media player buttons. It's an HP DV 7 1129WM. I would love to be able to use the play/pause/stop buttons for iTunes but they do not work unless iTunes is the current open window. If it's minimized then it won't work. Just the volume/mute buttons work. Is there anyway around this?

Oh bummer, I've got it on my computer which I downloaded a while back. See the attachment :)

mmKeys.zip

Edited by yorkey

Thanks. And unless this forum is diff from others, I've learned that the search function is pretty much useless.

The forum's search function is more than useless: it screams you not to use it :P.

But there's a better way. Open google and search like this:

inurl:www.aqua-soft.org your search terms

For example:

inurl:www.aqua-soft.org itunes multimedia keys

Hey... what about suggesting this to Timan? I mean, to change forum's search function and use Google search instead, or at least give that option.

Oh bummer, I've got it on my computer which I downloaded a while back. See the attachment :)

How to Use Itunes with any Multimedia Keyboard: Thanks for file its work fine, here is it is from A - Z:

1. download the attachment it's safe, Virus free..(The attachment is at the end of this post)

2. Extract it to C:\Program Files\iTunes\Plug-Ins If you are Using windows XP or 2000 pro.

3. Extract it to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Appl Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins If you are Using windows Vista or windows 7.

4. exit your Itunes and open it again .... minimize it and play from your keyboard ... and booom it's working.

note:

in step 3. Extract it to C:\Users\username>.... you need to mind the username because every user has his own user even if you are the only one using the windows in my case it's like this:

Extract it to C:\Users\Yousif\AppData\Roaming\Appl Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins

mmKeys.zip

Edited by yousifgarboua