Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Which Anti-virus Do You Use ?

42 posts in this topic

I have been using different antivirus softwares.

The free ones ofcourse like Avg Free etc but i am satisfied with non of them.i do use McAffee and Quick Heal and few antispyware thats nice though.

Do you guys have any suggestions in this matter

AVG Internet Security 9

I use avg out of habit. not bothered to use anything else since nothing has happened to me while i;ve been using it.

Well...from my whole experience...Norton, Symantec are sux ...Nod32..kinda tricky for more trojans...Kasperky...many resourses....BitDefender was a choise...but long time ago..now BD are sux too....So I've choose Microsoft Security Essentials...M$ did a great step in security...since 2009 with my Windows 7..job & home never had headache with viruses,trojans...til now ;)

Anyway..the best Antivirus is ...this: never run on a windows os....do it freely with a linux, Mac one....;)

I can help you decide which one is the best. Have a look at this thread about the best ten antivirus software reviews. Hope this would be useful for you! :D

I'm using ESET Smart Security, as well as the ESET Personal Firewall. I loved NOD32 as its own program, and having additional features in the Smart Security version of the program is wonderful. It's light, and I prefer the user interface to AVG. It seems to be more powerful than AVG Free was for me as well, but that's hardly surprising seeing as you get what you pay for.

I used many anti virus software and Got some bed experience and some good experience from different software. But Still I am using Avira anti virus software for my PC.

I really like that work , Its very nicely kill to the our system having a virus without any file damage.

Before I used Avira Antivirus. It was quite good but as I updated the software consistently, it detects even the installer of some programs that I install and it was a useless. So I switched to ESET and it's quite good at the moment but my friends told me that the software is really good.

Sorry to break the news to all of you (except the one that said a brain is the best antivirus) but the antivirus industry is a total fraud.

I also deal with pathetic viruses on a daily basis and I must say that the only real antivirus solution if one is not willing to move to linux for just being lazy to try something new and vastly better in every way is to DEEP FREEZE the system partition while remapping the user account folders to another partition usung the registry or even junctions (symbolic links) while not freezing that partition. Yes, linux HOME partition style. (Micro$oft, take note!!)

The other way that I use in addition to deepfreeze is to fortify Windo$e´s dozens of vulnerable registry keys that viruses prey on. It´s as simple as that boys and you get a totally indestructable system and even your browser, system policies can be hardened in a similar way. for instance, have you heard of HKLM Run, HKCU run, WinNt-Windows, HKCU-M$-Windoze-CV-Explorer-MountPoints2, HKCU-M$-WinNT-Windows, HKLM-M$-WinNT-Winlogon, varios other hives where virus hide, and not to mention root kits. The startmenu can hide viruses in the startup folder in the global user account AllUsers or any user account.

There are numerous security settings can be added or modified to help in protecting from privacy issues and network vulnerabilities and I can´t

stress enough to use a good firewall and configure it to the point that you leave no obvious holes and based on your apps.

The only real security is being aware of what goes in and out of your system and where you are weak and getting rid of risk points.

I use k-meleon browser and i also hardly use windows except for games and have never had a virus on my linux which by the way is backtrack 4 and Ubuntu Lucid. But on machines that I fix or do maintainance on I will never, and hear me, never rely on any antivirus that is other than faronics deepfreeze or similar solution.

I HAVE FOUND VIRUSES ON EVERY MACHINE USING ANY AND ALL OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED ANTIVIRUS SYSTEMS. You are never 100% secure and the are so many viruses written to bypass antivirus mechanisms. Also most antiviruses SLOW YOUR SYSTEM WAY DOWN especially if you use Hueristics or Realtime scans-

If i were to use an antivirus it would be one that protects the registry at all times! Windows is garbage, don´t you understand. Why do we need antivirus if the operating system is left unsecure since it´s firs version. Security hasn´t gotten much better.

Anybody who uses an antivirus has been conned from the very start and if you payed for it you have been ripped off.

It´s a 2 decade running scheme to take your money.

I have been using backtrack ubuntu for so long and the only reason i use windows is for games and even that I am sure can be substituted in a well configured linux box

I used to use McAfee until it started to remove files on my computer that I knew were safe. I am currently into my 3rd year of using Norton Internet Security.

Avira Antivirus is one of the best for PC protection. It is easy and accurate scanner. I prefer to Avira Antivirus.

Since I have a linux I don't have to worry about viruses too much but just in case I have ESET smart security 4 beta.

Norton is the best and now it is available in lite version also.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials since DrWeb destroyed my OS... Have been using it for around a year and had no issues with it yet